Kicker gain

Bronze Member
Username: Chevelle

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 48
I was sitting here just thinking the way kicker has the gain on the amp.It goes for 0-11 ok now if you need 5.5 volt to match your head unit you would only go half way right.Just something to keep my mind busy.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4852
yup! there should be other markings on the gain setting other then max and min arnt there? it normally starts at 200mv and goes up to whatever say 11 like you said.

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 49
Starts or from what kicker has it listed 170mv to 340mv theres just lines in between so i was just trying see if my mind was working right.

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 50
does any know where i can download a 50hz tone on the net.So far for some testing i did 1/2 way on the kicker gain is about 8 from what i was just told so i thought run a 50hz tone cd and use my meter to see whats what.

Bronze Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 85
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/downloads.html

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 51
Now did any of you guys use the tone to set you amp.I try what kicker said with the gain they said turn about 1/4 trun and they said that about 4.4v to match the head unit but there was hardley any thump of bass.

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 53
so i take it no one tried this

Bronze Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 97
Are you using a remote bass control? Use the bass boost at around 40hz, turn your head unit to around 3/4 up and increase the bass knob, then see what ya got. Really sux if you don't have one because you have to turn in up in the trunk and is not adjustable to each song you play. Be sure your car is RUNNING when you do this or it won't be later,lol..Polo.

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 54
this amp is a kicker350.4 for now i have one channel running two 8" kickers wired 2ohm and the other channel hooked to my door speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us