Car stereo inside house?

Username: Beanier

Post Number: 1
Hi, I was looking on google for this, and only saw two things, one of which was in these forums. I'm surprised people don't do this more often. So laugh all you want, I wanna rock!

How would I go about this?

I was thinking mabye that I could use a power supply to some random thing like an electric weed eater or something else 12v and cut off the end and hook it to the stereo wire harness for power.

The problem would be the stereo's other wires, like the illumination, dimmer(possibly not necessary), amp, all that stuff.

Is this possible? I saw some other guy did it, but he had an amp, and all kinds of other stuff, which I don't. Just a car stereo, and a will. Show me the way!

No amp, no brains, no problem!

Bronze Member
Username: Nooch

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida USA

Post Number: 21
well the music would have to be louder than the weedeater, inventive i guess but it wont work just hooked straight into the weedeater becase it will not put out wnough power to run the stereo or the sound you want you would need alot more materials to increase the power to 12v. i dont think it would be worth it at all..

Username: Beanier

Post Number: 2
You know what I mean right? It's an electric weed eater, with battery that charges, the weeder is broken so I would be using the power supply deal. The type that hooks up to random things; telephones/w answering machines, etc.

What would be the problem? No amperage?

Bronze Member
Username: Nooch

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida USA

Post Number: 27
ok, i totally misunderstood you the first time. does it have to be plugged in when your using it or does it charge? also, what kind and is and is there anything else like a picture or stats you can tell?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us