An amp for two JL 12w3v2d4's

Bronze Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 31
I need to get an amp for my two JL 12w3v2d4's. They are DVC 4ohms....so they have to be wired at 1ohm or 4ohm(unless there is something I'm not concidering). Both subs are 300w RMS. I'm looking for a new amp that is about 600w with a price around $150.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1320
the hifonics bx605, or the pheonix gold 400.1xeon or you can run the audiobahn 8002t either bridged or at a 2 channel stereo mode.

Username: Gricer

Kirtland, Ohio USofA

Post Number: 3
how about for the same subs but they are D2s? thats what i have. i was looking at that same audiobahn, its a good deal (only $130!)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1322
You can use the a8000t audiobahn, run the speakers to a 4ohm each, then down to 2ohms

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 32
Well I think I've decided on the hifonics bx605. Will that amp for sure give me 300w per sub at 1ohm? Also, is sonicelectronix.com a decent store because that is where I think I'm gonna get it from?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1334
You do not need the full 300w to run them subs efficiently.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5271
Orion 600D would be a good choice .....

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 33
As far as not needing 300w to run the subs efficiently, I think it would be a waste not to power them to atleast the RMS(300w) when easily those subs could take more. The orion 600d is not an option becuase of its price. Also, the hifonics bx605 is a class A/B amp. What is the difference between a class D amp and an A/B amp???

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5277
Don't put any cheap @ss amp on such nice subs - the orion will costs u around $200 which is a steal ....

http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Orion~t~Subwoofer+Mono+Amps

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 34
What......you think the hifonics is crap?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5283
No i didn't say that ^

what i meant is with the high calibur of JL subs it would be a disgrace 2 use some other dog grade amp like pyle/sony/pyramid on them .

That Orion price above is sweet & i would jump on it if i had use 4 it cause its $300/400 normally 4 it ......

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 35
Well im just looking for 600w at 1ohm so any amp that can do that at 12v and is around $150 is good for me. Well the orion is a pretty good deal, but it is rated 600w at 1ohm at 13.8V, which my car cannot do(because it is 12v), so I will probably not be getting the 600w I want.

Bronze Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 84
MAN IF YOU WANT SOMETHING CHEAP BUY THE DIRECTED 600/1 OR 750D FROM IKESOUND, IT'S LIKE 100$ SHIPPED AND IS A VERY GOOD BRAND

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 36
juliob....I need a 1ohm stable amp...so the 600d is out....and ikesound is a notoriously bad company so I don't really want to buy from them. Is the hifonics bx605 anygood because it is class A/B and I don't know if that class is good for subs?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4830
http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-600-1-Subwoofer-Amplifier-600-watts-1-ohm-stable_W0QQite mZ5861140512QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Username: Gricer

Kirtland, Ohio USofA

Post Number: 9
ok i need to know this too, is that mono audiobahn the better choice over the 2 channel one? (8002t) hey TY MUTLOW, were you talking to me or the original poster? j/w
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us