Wiring help

Travis LaMance
Unregistered guest
I just ordered a RF t8002. What guage power/ground should I use to run it at 800 watts with a 150 amp inline fuse? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1304
4 guage

Username: Mikes777

Canon City, CO USA

Post Number: 2
hey i gotta couple questions. i just bought that new rockford 4002 2 channel amp and i was running a kicker comp vr 12 with the dual 4 ohm voice coils wired in parallel and it was presenting a 2 ohm load to one of the channels of the amp (a punch p2 4ohm on the other)and the stupid kicker started to have a pretty intense electrical burninglike smell coming out of the vent on the box and i immediately knew that the voice coils were fried. so what im gettn to is that i dont got 320 to go and buy a couple more VRs so i was thinkin of buyin another p2 but the problem i run into is that the p2 hold 200 watts RMS and i got the 4002 amp flexin it pretty hard on just one channel but i still sounds good when the amps puttn 200 watts RMS on it. it seems that its a little overpowered but it shouldnt be. i was just wonderin if anybody has any comment on runnin 2 p2s on that amp because those are supposed to be a good match for that amp. my last question is about wiring. my 4002 is 2 ohm stable. if i happen to get 2 DVCs, can i wire them both in parallel to each channel? one parallel wired sub to each channel. and if i get 2 4ohm p2s, and wire them to each a channel, is that a 4 or 2 ohm load to the amp? i believe its a 4 but i cant find anything helpful on the internet except wiring diagrams for DVCs and the just show like 2 subs wired to one channel. i want to run 2 subs (DVC or SVC) on a 2 channel amp matched correctly with ohm impedance and RMS ratings. someone help me quick before i f*** my sh** up lol.

Mike
The_Label78@msn.com

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1344
dual 4 will either be a2ohm or 8 ohm load per sub. you can run dual 4s as 2 ohm load stereo, or 4 ohm load bridged,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us