New Sound System

Bronze Member
Username: Shaunypoo

Surrey

Post Number: 20
Hi all,

I have just installed 2 JL Audio W3D6's hooked up to a Directed 750D.

It is very loud, however, I'm not sure how to set it up propally.
The speakers play fine down low, very loud, and make my seat shake, however, its only low down that it works. As soon as theres some range in the bass, the higher bass doesn't sound and my other speakers arn't loud enough to take up the slack.

Is there any settings I can tweek? - I've plugged the amp in through a sub out on my Head Unit. The settings on the HU for the subwoofer seem to make no difference (the only setting there is really is the Hz one, think it ranges from 50 to 100 odd but it makes no difference)I have had a play with the amp but doesn't seem to do anything!

Please help - although it does sound cool, it sounds very silly when its booming along and then just stops when the bass gets a little higher (it doesn't even fade out, it just stops!) :-(

Cheers guys

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 955
sounds like your crossovers are set wrong. set the LPF to 80 hz. only use the HU crossovers if you can, turning the ones on the amp off. if you can't, match them or you can get some odd interference. also, if you have a subsonic filter, turn it off for a ported box or if you have a sealed box, turn it to the port frequency.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2959
Actually you want to turn on your subsonic filter with a ported box to the port freq. and turn it off with a sealed box.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 960
haha, sorry, thanks MO, put the box types in the wrong places

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4769
does your amp have a built in LPF? if so it is prob to low.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us