MGILC: Amplifier QUestions

Username: Qdeathstar

Virginia Beach, VA

Post Number: 4
OK, first, I have speakers that are 250watts max, 65watts RMS x 4 and i have an amplifier that is 100watt RMS x 4.

I was wondering, I heard a bout clipping and overpowering, and I was wondering how i can tune my Amp to prevent this. I dont care about pulling the maximum amount of power out of them, so i'd rather play it safe than sorry.. you know. I just dont want them to burn out.

Also, I heard that you need to play them before a week before you turn them up loud? Is this true?

Lastly, The amp I have is a 960watt Max 100watt x 4, and i was wondering what amp kit do i need so i can hook up all the speakers and everything with the amp. Its going to be 4 channels, so keep that in mind..

I heard you should go one gauge up, so i'd like to do that in this case...

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 756
i didnt break mine in, I slammed my subs the first time. Hooking them up is breaking them in, a proffesional will till you that. lol

The more you play the sub however the better it will begin to sound, as the cone softens up and the spiders soften up. Start off at their rated rms power.

As far as the wires, get 0ga nothing less, in case you upgrade your system in the future maybe 4yrs from now.

Just hook the amps up to their proper ohm load, and you will be okay. You can set the gain after system is connected.

Username: Qdeathstar

Virginia Beach, VA

Post Number: 5
Im looking for some more specific information .. heh

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 759
detailed as far as what? 1st off your question is all over the place. you didnt even give all the specs of that amplifer, whats does it put out at diffrent ohm loads? we cant read your head. what kind of amp is it? maybe someone else help ya.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us