Amp wont let my radio turn off

Username: Carajean

Post Number: 3
Ok i had someone install my amp and subs for me, i watched them install. so ok here goes they hooked up the remote wire through the fuse box ( dotn know why) then ran it to my amp. now whenever its connected my radio wont turn off even when i have the key out the ignition. anyone have this problem? or can help me out?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5104
the amp's rem wire should have bben connected 2 ur decks rem wire (usually blue with a white stripe) . This turns the amp on when the deck is turned on - the way they did it ur battery will drain out ......

Post Number: 4
yeah i know which is bothering me. well i dont know how to connect it right so is there an easy way a girl can do it?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 338
if your worried about it the best bet would be to take it in to a shop and they should fix it without a huge fee. because its just takin your HU out and switchin the wires. it's up to you.

Bronze Member
Username: Goatin

Post Number: 55
Try finding a fuse in youre fusebox that only has power when the vehicle is on. (go to autozone and get a cheap fuse checker ~$5.00) most fuses are labeled dont mess with any major fuses i.e fuel system ect. with the vehicle off find a 10-15 or less sized fuse stick the fuse tester on one of the metal tabs on top of the fuse if it lights try another you want one that does not light when the car is off when you do put the wire in the right side of the fuse.I dont know if it is really needed but I put a small fuse in mine when it was connected to my fuse box. If you have a nice head unit you should have it connected to that if it is a factory unit I would be hitting ebay.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1247
is that an aftermarket radio? normally it has nothing to do with the radio turning on and off. The remote wire can be ran from the amp(remote term) to the fuse block(switched power) or behind the radio(prefered method if aftermarket radio) If sounds like the radio may not be hooked up right if it was put in alos, the red and yellow wire maybe crossed or on the same wire.

Bronze Member
Username: Goatin

Post Number: 64
Upload

Post Number: 5
It is an original for my monte carlo. but im going back to the guy today and he will install an aftermarket HU a jvc i dont know the model but im paying 160 for it. Ok i will run to auto zone when im out of work and see if i cant check the fuses out and set it right or he will way later tonight.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us