What is the best way to shake the earth?

Username: Piv

Post Number: 1
I have an SUV so box size is not a problem. I want serious pounding bass but want clean, clear sound as well. (My last system was super loud but very sloppy) I am sure I want a sealed box (my last was ported) but everything else I am undecided on what is best. I am considering SOLO-BARIC 06S12L74, MA Audio 06S12L74, or Alpine SWX-1242D SUBS.

My AMP search is much less defined but any input would be very helpful. I have decided on a mono amp and am leaning toward a kicker 2500.1. However, I have seen some really nice systems in recent shows that use both Orion and MA Audio amps. What do you poster's think of these three brands, and how would you rank them?

Any help anyone could offer would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 897
If I was going to start fresh with a sealed system, I'd strongly consider going with IDMAX

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4594
XXX's

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 142
if you want sealed then the Eclipse Tis are perfect. Theyre a SQL sub made for a sealed box and perform very similiar to a W7 or a XXX.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4601
Ti's do ok sealed but really shine ported

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 673
1 Treo SSX! it will take that whole amp!

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the great input on the subs. I guess my original idea of buying the kicker amp 2500.1 sounds like a good idea. I have been advised that Rockford fosgate mono class d amps are even better. With these two excellent amps would either really make much of a difference?

Thanks again for all the helpfull input.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 757
I have an RE X.X.X in my truck sealed at ~1.4cuft and it pounds. I'm running an Orion 2500d @ 2 ohms to it for 1700W.
I would personally take a Kicker over an RF.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 758
Also, if you're looking for loud sealed, you probably should go with a larger diameter sub. My X.X.X is a 12" and it's loud. I could only imagine a 15 or 18.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1891
PIV...u just wanted to make sure that you realize that if you get a 2500w+ amp, you are looking at getting an HO alt and a new batt (or 2).

if you dont get an alt and batt, you will never actually see 2500w from ANY amp.

just thought i would throw that in...there have been quite a few new people on this forum that are wanting to jump up and grab a 2000w+ amp...but they dont realize just how much current they pull.

Post Number: 3
I have the largest Optima batt available. And the guy that did the install said that the alt on my Rover would be enough.

Post Number: 4
Just to clearify....The guy that did the install of the Optima batt informed me that the combo of the optima and the existing Alt would be enough to feed the 2500.1 amp.

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 553
how many amps is your alt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us