I have 2 750 rms watt DVC subs that I plan to push with a 4 channel 880 watts rms amp

Username: Goatin

Post Number: 1
I have 2 750 rms watt DVC subs that I plan to push with a 4 channel 880 watts rms amp will this mess up my amp or my subs. the subs are 2 15" solo L5's and the amp is a HIFONICS 880watt rms amp

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1176
Unless those are DVC 2ohm subs, your going to burn up that amp, not stable at 2ohm brideged

Post Number: 4
They are 2 ohm per coil and the amp is 2 ohm per channel or 4 ohm bridged to 2 channels at 440 rms

Gold Member

Post Number: 1193
well series the subs and run them bridged, but i do not know what amp in their line yopur going to use, but a 4 channel may be a waste, i would run the Kicker ZX 1500.1 it is rated at 2ohms.

Post Number: 5
So will they mess up my amp?and will it run these subs without messing them up? or should I get the zx 1500 to get the most out of them?

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 700
do not get a 4 channel amp

if they are dual 2 ohms....get one mono amp for each ...or 1 mono ampthat will give u alot of power at 2 ohms

generaly you wil get more power for your money by running your subs at 1 ohm

now you do not want to get a 4 channel amp bc bass is suposed to be driven with one channel....with 4 channels...you have slightly different signals from each channel..because that is how music is recorded.

get two mono amps..one for each sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 1198
the kicker to get the most out of them, you want to stay around rms on those subs.

Post Number: 6
how about if I split the 2 rear channels with a spliter in to the amp so that only one sound signal is hitting each sub instead of running all front and back. that would give me 2 ohms at each coil right? these subs are rated 375rms per coil will it sound ok with only 220rms at each coil.
AND: will these subs fry my amp??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1207
why are you fighting suggestions, the 4 channel is not going to be enough power for those subs, and to do what your talikg about you would have to run 1 voice coil to each channel. not the smartest way or most effecient way to run those subs...

Post Number: 9
so if I series the subs and run them bridged would the wattage still be 440watts per sub? or would that differ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1216
i doubt very seriously that the amp will ever see that power, i looked on the website and found no amp that puts that power, the best is 340w unless you go to the gen xx model and it is rated 4x250 @1ohm. If you do not already have the amp.....stay away from it and get a amp that is 2ohm stable mono....again....

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 367
There are other options that would probably be "better", but what you have will work just fine. Stereo bass is far from the end of the world - there are some SQ'ers that prefer it.
Your amp's not going to "fry". You'll be running it 4 ohms mono which it is designed to do.
With ~400w the subs won't get quite as loud as they COULD, but that's plenty of power for them to work very well.

IMO you should stop sweating the details and what-if's, get an enclosure, get it installed and see what you think. 800w to a couple L5's should be pretty impressive.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1217
that amp will never see that wattage and those are 15's not 10's.

Post Number: 10
My amp is a HIFONICS TX8805 4-CH TITAN amp with 880 rms and a 80 amp fuse. I dont need to crack the concrete but I would like to get plenty of bass out of my 2 15" 750 rms each subs.I already have the amp on order from ebay I was just wondering if I could use this amp or should I just cut my losses and eat the S&H and the 15% restocking fee and send it back?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1222
you wont see 440 to those subs, i would use that amp on your mids and highs(internal speakers) and get another one for the subs, i do not think you will get but maybe 400 to each sub, and that is is your lucky.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Would a Lanzar VIBE286 work to pump these subs?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 390
A little more power than the HF, but not a significant difference. Besides - to our ears the difference between 400 and 440 is absolutely nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4356
you could buy my amp and slam

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/192406.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us