How do i wire a 4 channel amp to two subs?

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 173
How do i wire a 4 channel amp to two subs?Will i need to bridge it and if so, how do i bridge it.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2516
Yes, bridging is how it has to be done-if your amp has that option, hopefully.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1070
stop telling to bridge without knowing the subs, if it is a dual 4 ohm sub then no, you will not bridge, only if it is a single 4 or a dual 2 ohm sub can you bridge .

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2518

quote:

dual 2 ohm sub can you bridge

Okay...so you can't bridge a dual 4 ohm but you can bridge a dual 2 ohm to get a 1 ohm impedence which very few amps can handle bridged? That's nonsensical.

If they ask with vague questions, we just have to try our best.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1089
if there is a 4channel that will do 1ohm bridged please enlighten me. it is not what you said, but how many times this has been addressed in this forum....i have noticed the people here are bridge happy, and like to use 4 channels to run subs. it sometimes is mind blowing, when 4 channel were really created to run internal speakers. bridging is not always better on amplifiers...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2522
Yeah, people are idiots, I totally agree with the stupidity of running subs off a 4 channel amp and with how repetitive questions get. I wish the admin would get stickies up soon.

I think you just misinterpreted what I said; the amp won't be able to handle 1 ohm in bridged mode...that's where you confused me by saying you could use a dual 2 ohm speaker but not a dual 4 ohm speaker-there's too many configurations to keep track of which can be done and what can't haha.

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 187
4 channel amps were not designed to power subs. Mono block amps are sub amps. You get more power and more efficiency- for subs that is. Now powering multiple component speakers, 4 channel is the way to go. Pimpster, Ty is right.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1093
jexx, this forum is great, but sometimes seeing the same questions over and over gets old, and then peopl still argue certain points. My thought on this site is that there is not one of us that knows everything, but the combination of us have a pretty good learning and working knowledge of the stuff. i wish peole would look and read before jumping into this stuff. i say that now after doing that myself, they did not have this kindo of stu8ff when i first started.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2526
Yep...that's why it's so much better when more than one person is helping someone solve a problem.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 359

<blockquote>
<small>Quote:</small>
<hr>
Posted by Jexx -
Okay...so you can't bridge a dual 4 ohm but you can bridge a dual 2 ohm to get a 1 ohm impedence which very few amps can handle bridged? That's nonsensical.

</blockquote>
A pair of DVC 2's will work perfectly with a briged 4 ch. You've heard of wiring in series haven't you?

And what makes a 4 ch bad for subs?

You can get more power out of a 4 ch bridged on 2 4 ohm loads than you can running 4 4 ohm loads on stereo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1145
you get the same power 4-2ohm load and 2 bridged 4ohm load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us