Batcap instead of alt?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1954
i emailed the guy at h & w audio about batcap and this is what he told me. is it true?

Yes, a BatCap will help with your voltage drop, however, upgrading your alternator is always the best solution if you can do it. Your alternator is the heart of your electrical system. The stronger it is, the better your whole system will perform. In many cases you may still have issues after upgrading or you may not be able to upgrade due to availability or cost. In those situations, a BatCap is a perfect solution to help with voltage drops.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
Rick - Ricktw
H&W Audio

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 636
yea its true. "the alternator is the heart!"
batcaps work, and will add a few dbs.
You just need a HO alternator also.

If you get one, I would use it with a HO to even see some decent results.

Didnt you get your HO alternator yet?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1976
no nate hasn't emailed me yet. i don't think he could build one for my car. i really don't want to pay $575 for a 200a alt from highoutput alternators. i might have to do that though. before i get another battery or batcap or anything like that i want a charging system capable of handling all.

i am thinking of taking out the backseat of my car so i can have 4 12 inch subs in my car. but without a charging system its not going to happen.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4577
" am thinking of taking out the backseat of my car so i can have 4 12 inch subs in my car."

^^DO IT
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 606
I took out the back seats of my firebird, so I could fit six 12s and a 13W7 total in it. ;)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1980
so thats how you fit all those in your car. i always wonder how you fit all those subs in there seth.

i will do it by this summer. also taking out the backseat will also prevent me taking my car whenever me and my friends go somewhere. since i could only have one passenger in my car then. lol.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 657
i dont ride with no one, and i have 4 doors.
lol

"no nate hasn't emailed me yet. i don't think he could build one for my car"

he can, man I would contact him again!
this time call & email, just follow up!
bug him a little. lol
575$ Nathan should build you a 350-400A alternator!
=D

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2023
okay. i just emailed him. i don't want that much. after i get the alt i am gonna get the batcap instead of another yellow top.

i figured after i get my chargin system upgraded i can then take out the backseat and customize it to fit 4 12 inch arsenals. either that or i might just go with 2 13w7s. i already got the amps for it.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 680
yea, 4 12s will be killer! lol
are u sure u gonna keep the arsenals this time?

how much is a yellow top?
I may get 2, and replace the batt in the back i have now.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 613
I love my yellow tops.. made the mistake of getting a red top first, but killed it quick.

I run them unisolated. I dont have a 2nd battery for playing my system with the car off, I have mine due to a huge RMS draw, and it helps having 2x the backup power, for when like you're sitting at stop lights, and your alternator is at idle, or low amperate output..

LoL. Even with two optima's, without nates alternator - my system (when fully charged) would literally turn itself off after about 10-15 minutes, even driving in city traffic, due to the voltage dropping so low, however.

With my excessive amperage alt, I never have this problem.. I imagine I could, if I were playing my system for like 35+ minutes or so without revving my engine or driving anywhere...just holding still.... But in any realistic circumstance, his alternators are great. :-)

BTW - B - Optima yellow tops retail for like $120-$200ish.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2028
try this instead of a yellow top.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xstatic-Model-400-BatCap-Battery-Cap-Farad-New-2005_W0QQitem Z5855937332QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 683
those Optima yellow tops cost.. lol
Seth, my amps also have a huge thirst for more power! Nathan saved me. I did it for the insurance, and I hated the clipping with the voltage dips!

Batcap looks good, but we will see. I wana another 1000d.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us