4 Channel Amp

Unregistered guest
I Got an amp from a friend. Its an Xtreme by Cuspid 4-Channel Amp, with 1600 RMS Watts 400 x 4 channels. He tells me I can wire my subs to two of the channels and split my 6x9's and tweeters on the other two channels. Is this possible? How do I do this if it is?

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1117
Oh God...Not another Cuspid lover...I remember the days when morons used to spam about Cuspid amps...

But yes, that is possible. With that amp, I wouldn't recommend it. It probably can barely power a pair of 3" speakers...

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 349
That is NOT 1600RMS. Try about 200. You won't get much more than that out of a 15A fuse.

Cuspid may sell the worst over-rated amps you can get.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1075
only if both the subs wire down to a 4ohm load bridged for the amp to handle.

Unregistered guest
I understand that the amp is cheap, and I plan on getting a new one in a few paychecks, but I'd still like to know how to do it/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1085
you can only wire that amp if the subs create a 4ohm load for a bridged load. if it is a dual 4 sub, then you can , if it is a single 4ohm sub, you can not the amp can not handle the load. What is the voice coil config on subs?

eagleeye12789
Unregistered guest
2076_4059_66349989_tab=B%2C00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent#,http://w ww.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4059_66349989_tab=B,00.html ?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent# I've got two of those in a box.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 510
Why you guys dissin' Cuspid? Have you EVEN heard a Cuspid amp?

Unregistered guest
so do i need to wire the speakers up in parallel so that it will put them one one channel and reduce the resistance therefor cutting the ohms in half?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1101
what kind and what are the voice coil, 1 or 2 on the sub? and ohm load per coil

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 306
i have heard a cuspid amp.. yes it sucked. BADLY

eagleeye12789
Unregistered guest
4 layer long voice coil rated at 4 ohms PER sub. I have two subs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1121
if it has only 1 +and - per sub then run it bridged, make sure by looking at the sub, if so bridge 1,2 the 3,4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us