Kicker 650.4 help!!!!

Username: Casunshine

Post Number: 1
I am going crazy.....I have just purchased a Kicker kx650 and installed it.

The protection light keeps coming on. But I can not get the STUPID GREEN light to come on. I have checked all the wiring and can not seem to find the problem, everything seems ok.

Anyone have any ideas??????

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1059
what speakers do you have on the amp. unhook the speakers and see if it does it. if it does, I bet the amp is bad, and if you have subs on it, make sure you have no more then a 2ohm load stereo and a 4ohm load bridged .

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4104
Gonna have to tell us how everything is exactly wired. How long's your ground, is your ground wire big enough; as in at least the same size as power. Is your charging system up to par and supplying high enough voltage for the amp. Has it turned on at all, or have you gotten the yellow light since the first time you tried to power it up. If all wiring is correct, it could always be a faulty amp.

Post Number: 2
I have 2 polk audio 6x9's as well as 2 polk audio 5 1/4. Running the 6x9's off tamp 1 and the others off amp 2.

I am not sure about the length of the wiring though. A few feet.

The amps are mounted to the back of the rear seat in a 92 Honda Accord, 2 door.

It has not turned on at all. I will find out what gauge the wire is and let you know.

Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Jess

Post Number: 3
wire is 8 gauge

thank you!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1076
this is not bridged, i hope not the ohm load is to much. try unhooking all the speakers and then see if amp is in protect mode.

Post Number: 5
disconected all speaker wires still no power light but still protector light comes on any sugestions? Help please going crazy

Gold Member

Post Number: 1091
it sounds like the amp is defective, unless you have an outside source to test, I would use a battery and hook up amp direct to battery,(power and ground) with a small jumper wire from power+ to remote, if it still goes into protect, the amp is bad.

Post Number: 7
thanks for the info. What do you think about the pioneer 4-chanel amp. GM6100F? to run my polk 6x9's and polk 5-1/4?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 509
disconnect all but power and remote wires.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us