Amp rms

Anonymous

does anyone know what the rms power would be on this amp:

PYLE PL2280
500 Watts x 2 Output
1000 Watts x 1 Output (Bridged)
Variable Hi/Lo Electronic Crossover Network
Variable Bass Boost (0 to +18 dB @ 60 Hz.)
Variable Input Level (Gain) Control
Remote Turn On/Off
Gold Plated RCA Inputs
High Level Molex Input
Power On LED Indicator
LED Protection Indicator
Bluye LED Level Display
S/N Radio: > 95 dB
THD: < 0.04%
Frequency Response: 15 Hz-30 kHz
Thermal Protection
Overload Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Anti-thump Turn-on
Dimensions: 10.9 in. (W) x 2.7 in. (H) x 12 in. (L)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4417
maybe around 100 rms bridged, but who no's, since its a crappy amp. Good Companies only tell u the rms, because who cares about max watts

Anonymous

I actually own a pyle sound system. Every component is pyle. I have not had a problem with them. If you want a solid amp, I can honestly say the PLA 885 is an excellent amp. I haven't had a problem with it yet. They make a 2 channel in the same series as well. The PLA985. Generally when trying to determine the RMS for any type of audio equipment is gonna be somewhere around half of the max. I generally try buy amps based on what I am trying to run. If I have two twelves at 600 watts apiece, I buy something that matches it, preferablly a 1200 watt, which I am not sure that Pyle makes. BUt a 1400 would work just as well. If the MAX are equal, then the RMS should be close enough to not damage anything.

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 162
Ignore max settings, I hahave seen amps rated for example Ive seen some amps like pheonix digital say 1600watts and then you find an rms at 400 watts , Boss are even worse at about 4.5X rms. Never trust any company that lists only in peak! I searched before for half an hour to try and find rms numbers for a pyle and gave up, not a good sign

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 350
you can get a realistic power ratings from pyle/pyramid/legacy, you just have to look at the manual, not the sales specs.

The pla2280 is rated at 75x2 @ 4 ohms & 110x2 @ 2 ohms -- 220w x 1, bridged.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1121
"Anti-thump Turn-on"

What's an anti thump turn on? Is that the feature on Pyle amps that tells the amp to quit playing music at high levels because the user is having a good time and the amp hasn't failed yet?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 600
lol, Tyler, that prevents a sudden surge when you first turn them on. Like a soft-turn on feature, where there's like a 1 second delay.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1950
hahaha thats the funniest thing i've ever read tyler.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1124
Hrmmm I see. Well when I kill the HU and turn it on, after a second of either one, my subs go "boom" really quickly. I think it's the way my HU had to be wired to bypass some sort of factory circuitry (remote had to be directly wired to the + on the HU wiring harness).

lmpb
Unregistered guest
If you want to get the actual output power of a amplifier, take these steps.

Go inside and measure the +/- voltage of the power supply. The center leg of the output transistors is where you'll find these voltages. But don't go in probing if you don't feel comfortable doing it. A slip of the test probe can cause serious damage. Then use Ohm's law and the power formula to figure output power in RMS at zero clipping.

For instance:
If you find +/- 35 volts:

V RMS = V peak x .707 or 35 x .707 = 24.7V RMS

output current = output voltage divided by the speaker impedance.

24.7 / 8 = 3.1 amps

Power out in Watts is amps x voltage

3.1 x 24.7 = 75.25 Watts RMS per channel @ 8 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 360
How would you know exactly what impedance the speaker is presenting to the amp?

Why would you take the time/chance to measure voltage inside the amp when you can do it at the speaker terminals?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us