Jonathan

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1891
i noticed that you have dynaudio speakers. i just recently bought the 240gt and i have a question. i know you have the 360 but still maybe you can answer my question. do you think the jl audio 450/4 is enough to power that?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5459
It'll be enough to get them going. They're underrated as far as power handling, 150W to 200W is what I'd run for those comps, though. They aren't the most efficient speakers in the world, but 150W will get them going.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1898
shoul i seal the back of the speaker on my door. cause the space on my door is just a plastic tube and the back is open. also doesn't this speaker come with a metal basket?

thanks jonathan for the response. i know i can count on you always to give me the best answer possible. thanks.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5466
Yep. Make sure you seal the back wave from the speaker from the front, via sound deadener. Try to fabricate an MDF ring to mount the speaker to, this is much less resonant than plastic and will give you a noticeable improvement in overall SQ. The speaker comes with a die-cast basket, except the 160GT woofer (240GT set) and the MW-180 subwoofer, which have stamped steel baskets.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5467
Oops, didn't see that you stated you have the 240GT set. Anyway, your set has a stamped steel basket.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1938
also jonathan let me ask you one more question. since you have the jl 1000/1 also. where did you set your amp LP Filter. i am assuming since you have a truck and the sub is in the listening cabin you have it set at 12db right. well mine is in the trunk so i set mine at 24db. the manual recommended that way. my question is what does that exactly do? and what would happen if i were to turn it off?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5475
24db/oct at 50hz. Keep in mind I have an 8" midbass driver, so I can afford to drop the set lower.

24db/oct is a steeper slope, making the acoustic rolloff of the sub much faster. This helps make imaging up front much better and can provide better results with the drivers blending together. Key is to experiment with the drivers and see what works best.

"and what would happen if i were to turn it off?"
The subwoofer would play full range, or at least to the amps FR limits. It would be very localizable, play low vocals, and destroy imaging, which is something you don't want.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1942
damn i wish you lived in los angeles so i can hear your car. i bet it sounds awesome in there. lol. thanks.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5476
If you're after a balanced, neutral sound, you're gonna love Dyns. I sure do :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1943
i am still waiting for mine. damn people at indoaudio hasn't shipped them yet. i am also planning on getting focal audio 690cv for the rear fill cause my jl audio tr 6x9s sux. jl tr 6x9 plays too high. not enough low mid.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us