Amplifer

Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 2
I got 2 10 alpine type X dual 4 ohms and was wondering what amp to get that would power them to the max they are 1000 watt rms+, 3000 peak I was maybe switcihg to dual 2ohms can u show me an amplifier capable of powering 2 dual 2's which would be 0.5 ohms i doubt there is very many amps with such high current load and also i was wondering what the difference between dual 4 ohms and dual 2 ohms is it just more bass or better quality?

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 666
well not many amps are stable at .5 ohm

get an amp that is 2000 watts RMS..dont power them to the max...just because it says 3000 watts max doesnt mean it can handle that much power...max means that it can take like ONE bass note that goes that high..

so you need a 2000 watt rms amp stable at 1 ohm....your dual 4 ohms will be fine..you can wire them down to one ohm

dual 4 ohms and dual 2 ohms have no affect on quality

they just have differet wiring possibilites...sor subs..it is ideal to get a 1 ohm load b.c. you will get the most power from your amp

with 2 dual 4 ohm subs, you can wire them both to one ohm and use one amp

with dual 2 ohm..the lowest you can get by wiring them together is 2 ohms, which is fine, but you will get more power with 1 ohm, but then if you have 2 dual 2 ohm subs you can use 1 amp on each, and wire EACh sub to one ohm

overall i would say finding a combo where you can wire your subs to one ohm would be the best,you will get the most power for your money

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1878
lol look at your post count blaine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 668
hahah..333 more at ill be at 999....1 away from bein a gold member

Silver Member

Post Number: 669