Need help with amp + settings

Username: Militant

Post Number: 1
I just recently picked up a rockford fosgate p4004.The previous amp i had was a POS Jensen..which powered 2 mids, 2 highs and my 2 subs.I hooked up my amp today and something odd was happening.I was getting vocals out of my sub,which im trying to eliminate.So any help on the configuration would be great.It's a 4 channel amp,with 8 inputs.So what i did was on the front's i doubled the wires for the mids and highs,leaving the rear inputs open for the subs.Only hooked up 1 sub to test it, thats when i heard the vocals.PLZ help me figure this out :-)

Anonymous

Because you are trying to run highs, mids, and subs off same amp, you will most likely have that. The reason being that you have to have the amp on full range in order for your highs and mids to come through in your doors. There is generally a switch to change from FP to LP or HP.....FULL LOW HIGH. You might flip that around a little and see what you like

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1053
what subas are you running, if they are a dual 4 ohm sub you have to run stero mode or run them up to 8 ohms and back down to 4 if usuing 2 subs(bridged0 the power is the same whether you run it 2ohm stereo or 4 ohm bridged. If single 4ohms, then you cant run 2 subs together, it is not stable for 2ohm bridged mode.

djecalifas
Unregistered guest
i have a problem have an amp hooked up to 2 10" woofers.I was getting good sound , but all of a sudden my amp is not kickin on the woofers i checked the fuses and lines and they are all ok i tried to use a different amp and nothing .What could be my problem .Sorry if this may not be enough information , but i am new to the stereo world. My brother helped me out a lil .It sounded really good for awhile.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us