Orion HCCA 250G4 for sale

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4549
this amp is in excellent condition, looks brand new. It is already upgraded to the 4guage power and ground connector and the 40 amp fuses. $300 + shipping OBO For those of you that dont know this is an amazing SQ class a/b amp that is 1/2ohm stereo stable and 1ohm mono stable:-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4552
bump

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5189
Why are you selling the amp? The only way I'd sell mine is to upgrade them to Zapco.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4554
Thats the idea Isaac:-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4555
good to see you back man where you been?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5191
Well I moved and couldn't get internet connection for couple of month and this place's been going down often.
I got myself a Zapco amp. It is worth the money.
You won't be able to tell much difference between Zapco and Orion 250G4 when it comes to subs. However, for mids and highs, you will get a nice surprise.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 997
I'd be tempted, if I weren't about to blow $370 on a couple of SE's...Although if the Assassins can equal their abilities, I might go with Assassins...

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4095
Ahh James don't do it. I was actually trying to get a Zapco to run my Re components with, but I ended up getting an Orion 275 sx instead. I've always wanted to try out the SX line.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1019
Quick question...Where do you find these amps you're talking about?

I checked the Orion site, can't find ANYTHING about them, are they "old school" models?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4096
Yes. The only thing you can find about them on the Orion site is the manual. You can't find them in any store, so your best bet is off a car audio forum, or on ebay if your lucky.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5192
eBay is your best place for them. They are "old school" products.
The only series I'm missing are the SX. I have Zapco, PPI Art series, Orion G4s.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4559
Hey Nick where ya been man havnt seen you in a while either, you and Isaac both in hiding? Man this forum has gone downhill it sure isnt what it used to be. Isaac I am planning on running either all PPI(art), Zapco, or arc audio in my new system I just havnt figured out which one yet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5212
I'd go Zapco since you can still purchase their high quality amps with warranty.
C2K is their best series for both components and subs.
If you do decide to go with Zapco, don't forget about their 1/3 octave equalizers. I have those and the amp for the front. The subs, I'll stick with Orion G4 (you really can't tell any difference in quality over Zapco).

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4567
could you tell the difference between the ppi art and the zapco you think for my highs? The ppi a600 that I have sounds incredible. Should I just run a ID max dual 2ohm with my orion at 1ohm 800 watts and run my mids and highs bridged 2ohms to the a600? It would save me $$$ since I already have the orion and the a600:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5214
In a blind test, it's very hard to tell the quality difference between A600.2 and Zapco. They both sound great. The only thing I can think of that makes Zapco better is the symbilink cable. It really helps with noise cancellation.
PPI for the components and G4 for the sub will sound as good as Zapco and G4 combo.
I thought of replacing my G4 with C2K9 but backed out. Between 275G4 and C2K, I wouldn't have been able to hear any improvment, also save around $1K.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4572
exactly! I would like to run the arc audio 1500 xxk to my sub at 4ohms:-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4577
do you think I should run the g4 to my mids and highs or the ppi a600? I think the ppi.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5215
If you don't require xovers, then PPI. I've tested both PPI and G4 using components. Couldn't tell much difference.
Although the G4 was only rated @50w, it sounded as loud as PPI's 150w @ 2ohms.
Is your Arc audio class D or AB?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4578
I dont have the arc audio yet but I am pretty sure the 1500xxk is a class T. it does 900x1 @ 4ohms and 1000x1 @2ohms with an optional 1ohm stability which I havnt figured out yet. It is a regulated power supply down to 12 volts:-) its a very nice amp. I might run the orion and the arc or the arc and the ppi, Or the orion on my rear, the ppi on my fronts and the arc for my subs:-) that would look nice in a custom amp rack:-)lol no really I wont do that lol!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2901
James, if i were you i whould go with the 2500-xxk instead. You can get one for $719 shipped. Thats only a few bucks more then the 1500-xxk and is much better.

1500-xxk whould cost you $689 plus shipping.

2500-xxk is there best amp in my opinion so either stick with that or go with the KAR 1000.2T because thats a great amp for the money. That will cost you $426 shipped and its even cheaper then the KAR-900.1D which costs $429 plus shipping!!!!

HOpe this helps. I whould go with Arc Audio over Zapco for overall price and you wont be able to tell the differance since both are excellant choices.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4585
I can get the 1500xxk for $472 shipped on ebay. I dont need the 2500 I am onlt running one sub and will never run more then one sub. It fits perfect for my application, but thanks for the heads up MO.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4098
Yeah James, that's one reason why I sorta left, the forums really went downhill. Couldn't take it. I haven't been doing much with my car lately, too much other stuff going on. I've actually gotten into amateur body building, hahaha. No joke, so that takes up some time everynight.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4590
you F@G!!!!!!!!!!!! lolol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5218
Amateur body building? Since when?
I've been doing weights and exercises for over a year now. Had I not taken few months off before the move, I would've achieved my goal.
I am now getting closer. 225lbs free weight bench press (300lbs on the machine), 175lbs shoulder press, 115lbs curl, 3 plates of 45lbs on each side for dead lift.
Maybe by summer I'll get there. It is very hard doing the right way (without performance enhancing drugs).

Anonymous

joe smoe only posts here when james posts here ROFFLMMFAO he really is a F@G James. I bet he comes and reads the forum just to see if you post and then his fagg*t a s s post so you can see him lol.Good thing we dont have to put up with his grumpy attitude anymore stay the F*ck out like you've been doing thank you.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4099
I'm just gonna ignore the anon, sorry man I really could care less about you. I wonder why I had a grumpy attitude before I left... maybe because of idiots like you?

Anyhoo, been at it for maybe half a year now. Bulking till spring, hopefully I'll get up to 180, 190, then I'll go on a cut and get shredded for some summer comps. Haven't competed yet, but I've scouted out a few just to see what other poeple out there looked like.

And yes Issac, it is extremely hard without roids.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4597
Exactly its because of anon's and F'ers like you that most of the good people leave this forum!

The problem with roids is that they are way to easily obtainable so the guy who is busting his @$$ at the gym doing it the proper way looks pathetic compared to the guy who comes into the gym weighing 135 and 3 months later is 165 benching 325! It really sucks. Thats good man that you got into that but I still think your a F@G! lol I bet you put dark tanning oil on and flex in the mirror lol j/k man! I hope Hunter doesnt read this he might get excited:-)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5481
Bad thing is, I saw a used Orion 2250 XTR on ebay going for $500 in FLAWLESS condition, even the exterior wasn't scratched and the internals were perfect. If I could have fit it, I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4102
You meen there was nothing you could have done to make it fit? :-)

Hunter Warren, hahahaha. He still grace the forum with his queerness?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4600
no not in a while lol! Jonathan that amp ine of my all time favorites! I remember when they first came out I used to sell them they were unbelievable:-) and for $500 in excellent condition you can't go wrong. 1000 watts at 4ohms of pure, clean,reliable power man I want one:-)

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1143
I've got a question...I think my Assassins are going to need a bit more than 400W RMS.

What type of 1200W RMS @ 2 ohms could I get that puts out an honest amount of power for about $250-300?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4616
assassins are 350 rms they should not need any more then 400 watts! what kind of amp are you running to them?

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 308
Hey James is your amp still for sale?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5228
G4 is like a collector's item now. Very hard to get.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 309
Good thing i snagged one up huh?!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4643
yeah twiz I still have it. Dont really know what I want to do yet so I havnt been advertising it but I guess I will still sell it.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 762
Not to get back off topic, but you guys that were doing body building stuff, my chiropractor, who is a triathlon guy, gave me this website. www.ultimate-exercise.com
If nothing else, check out the articles section and look some stuff up on "SuperSlow". Interesting take on working out. If you're really interested, I have the name and author of a book that a guy wrote on SuperSlow.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5501
"You meen there was nothing you could have done to make it fit? :-)"

Not a lot, that amp is thick. 86 Ranger, it's REALLY tight. Plus, that amp would just take care of my components, I'd still have to conjure up a place for a sub amp. No blowthroughs, I use trucks as trucks.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4664
Hey Jonathan I am so mad one sold on ebay in excellent condition last week for $350 I just missed it:-(

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4113
I hope your joking..... $350?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4673
nope I was so mad!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums