MB Quart RAA1000 Amp - PRICE DROP !!!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4723
I though quite a no. of us all had gotten it cheap few mths back @ $299 shipped from crutchfield shipped
But now its $279 Shipped !

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Return=True&ProductID =14965

Really good solid amp thats cheap & will push 2 pairs of 4ohms dvc 500wrms subs good like 2 Rs .....

I also posted this in the Sub section in case ppl don't see it here - so please don't get ticked off about it ...

Username: Rwalker004

Shorewood, Minnesota

Post Number: 7
It says the product is discontinued

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 412
copy the entire link!

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Return=True&ProductID =14965

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4733
oh the special is still on !

search 4 it manually & u will see it ........

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 290
I just got a brand new one for about $245 shipped,from ebay of coarse.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 291
Speaking of this amp,it is a 1 ch. amp but it has 2 sets of speaker plugs how would i hook up just one dual 4 ohm sub to it? right now i just have the + and - hooked into one speaker plug is this right?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4893
$245 - thats very good !

its MONO meaning 1 - they put 2 connectors on it so that u won't have 2 wires bunching up on a single terminal ..........

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 292
So if i am just running one sub at 2 ohms then i just use one speaker terminal? I dont have to put the + in one plug then the - in the other? Also how should all the settings be set? I have the gain all the way up and it still isnt that loud thats why i thought it was hooked up wrong.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4562
Hey twiz you sure you have it parellel not series? I know its a stupid question but it can make a huge huge difference. The way you have it hooked up to the amp is the correct way, it is a mono amp like rovin said but with the convienence of two outputs so you arnt splicing two wires to each terminal.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 293
Yes my sub is a jl 12w6v2 and it comes from the factory wired at 2ohms so i know thats right. I had my sub hooked up to an orion 225g4 and i think it actually sounded better. Maybe i just dont have the freq. and all that set right so if you could help me with that it might sound better. Another thing is i am running 8 gauge wire to it do you think that could have an effect? Do you think the orion should sound better than the quart?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5213
That G4 is a great amp for the price. i doubt Quart will be any better than what you have.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4569
so you had the 225 g4 running at 2ohms 200 watts? and it was louder then your quart? that doesnt sound right. I have never used that amp but let me look it up and see what the specs and controls on it are and I will post back to you.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 294
Well I already have the quart hooked up,I figured it would be slightly better than the g4 and plus i got the quart in case i get another sub so i can run them at 1ohm and get 1000 watts out of it. But i didnt think the quart would be worse than the g4 since it says it will put out 500 watts at 2ohms.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 295
Well the g4 says "200" watts at 2ohms but i guaruntee it puts out more. It problly puts out 300-350 somewhere around there.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4576
man the orion 250g4 would be a perfect match for you with that sub:-) I have run a w6v2 off of my 250g4 and it sounded very nice:-)

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 296
Wut should all these be set to?

Gain=8v-0.15v

Phase=0-80

Subsonic Filter
Freq.=15Hz-50Hz

Bass EQ
Q=2-4
Freq.=25Hz-100Hz

LPF Freq.=50Hz-250Hz

I want to have good bass with all music (rock,rap,) and not just deep bass.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4581
ok is your box sealed? or ported? what is the output voltage of your head unit?

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 297
ported tuned to 30 hz and 2.5 volts

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4584
ok gain should be set at 1/2-3/4, phase should be at which ever sounds best to you, subsonic should be set to 25hz, bass eq at whatever you can before it distorts and set it to about 40hz or so and play around with it depending on what type of music you listen to, and lpf set to 80hz.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 298
Thanks alot james i'll try that out cuz the way i have it now sounds like crap! Oh by the way i just got the mb quart raa2400 for my comps today it was $100 shipped it was used but it works and everything it just has sum scratches on the bottom of it but its better than paying over $200 for a new one.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4587
absolutely:-) you can't beat that!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us