Kicker KX1200.1 for 2 12w6v2's or ???

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2810
Im looking to replace my CrossFire VR1000D with a amp that can either do 4 ohm or 1 ohm impedence. I have 2 JL 12w6v2's right now and i was looking to make a upgrade. A friend of mine can get Kicker stuff real cheap thru Circuit City and i was thinking about going with the kx1200.1 but i was afraid it whould be overpowering the 12w6v2's. What do you guys think ?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2819
I can get one for $427.68 out the door from a authorized dealer. Whould this me to much for my 2 12w6v2's or what ?

Just making sure before i buy.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1816
according to the jl site you would be in the danger zone with that amp. but i am sure those subs can handle it cause i used to have 2 type rs hooked up to my kx1200.1 and those subs handled that amp with no problems. besides isn't it always good to have a little headroom.

didn't you just get that amp not to long ago. i remember you saying you were buying that amp from indoaudio or something.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2820
Actually It was another amp chad. Its a good deal to pass up. I may be able to get it cheaper even by a friend of mine. I hear really good things about the kx1200.1

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 292
set the gain conservatively and use some common sense with the volume knob and you shouldn't have any problems.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us