RE AUDIO!!! GRRR, do they EVER write back?!?!?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 904
Yep, I've sent them emails before, just asking for a price on ONE thing, and again tonight, and I NEVER get answers.

Calling is long distance, and that's pricey!

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 614
B4 sale prices

Resonant Engineering Pricelist
(note prices do not include shipping and handling charges)
RE8- $49
RE10- $59
RE12- $69

SE10- $149
SE12- $169
SE15- $199

SX10- $239
SX12- $249
SX15- $269
SX18- $309

XXX10- $359
XXX12- $369
XXX15- $399
XXX18- $429

MT10- $409
MT12- $419
MT15- $449
MT18- $479

there is a $25 charge to upgrade the MT or TripleX line to a quad voice coil configuration.
-------------
RE - 175wRMS -- DVC 4 ohm
SE - 600wRMS -- DVC 4 ohm
SX - 1000wRMS -- DVC 2 ohm
XXX - 1600wRMS -- DVC 2 ohm, QVC 2 & 1 available
MT - 2500wRMS to 5000wRMS -- DVC .7 & 1.4 ohm, QVC .7 & 1.4 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 906
Dang, $169 + Shipping for a 12" SE...

Is it worth it for two?

It's $338 for TWO w/o shipping, EEK! I don't have the money at the moment, but I want a pair.

Does anyone know anything about the SPL/SQ output of the RE RE line? Would two 12" RE RE's be louder/sound better than a pair of 2004 CV V-Max's ? Providing both possibilities would be in a sealed box.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4098
i would stick with the v-max's over the re's

Silver Member

Post Number: 907
I dunno, I guess we'll just have to see what happens and if my bank account holds out!

Silver Member

Post Number: 908
Hrmmm. Out of curiousity, how loud would 1 SE 12" sound? If I gave it 800W RMS, and put in in a ported box tuned to about 30Hz? Louder than 2 V-Max's?

Basically, there's this kid at school, who says his Volfenhag system out "hits" anyone else's system in school.

No, I'm not this kid, as I know that Volfs. can't do such things. He's running the 300W RMS/2000W MAX Volf. amp, and it honestly sounds like garbage. At least mine are powered more properly, and I have plenty of voltage while driving to do such.

What I'm saying is just how loud does an SE get? And how wrong would I be in saying they handle near 800W RMS? Just basing on the fact that RE subs are underrated.

I realize 2 12's would be more efficient and such, and less cone movement, but still, would be the same output, as it would just be 2 12's with 400W RMS.

Main goal here, to show some kids at school (kind of immature and stupid I know, but it needs to be done to some of these cocky b@574rd5!) what real power and sound quality packed in a car sounds like.

It was all nice and well when I was the only one with Volfs. but now I know of three other people, and I know if I get RE's I'll be the ONLY one, as most kids won't do any more than buy off of E-Bay. I imagine I'll get laughed at though, because of the "flat" design of the RE's. No chrome, no color, just pure performance with a clean look.

Anyways, I realize showing off isn't what it's all about, but sometimes it's necessary to put some people in their place, just because they think they are the "God" of something.

Should I just go ahead though, and get 2 SE's? I'm sure just 2 V-Max's would completely wipe most car systems around here off the map, but this time I'd like something "high-end" like a lot of people on here, and RE is definantly more in my price range than JL and such.

Well, any input would be welcome, thanks guys!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4694
based on their reputation on this forum i'd pick em over the vmax .........

Silver Member

Post Number: 916
Well, that question is answered, but 1 or 2 of them lol?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4696
imo i always prefer 2 subs over 1 - in this cae hell ya

but i think all is currently sold out but u can check here
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189180.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 918
Well, I prefer 12's because they have a bit more accuracy to them than 15's. And I don't have the money at the moment.

Any idea when they will be back in stock? And I thought they hand built each order, so wouldn't the ALWAYS be out of stock until you place an order?

Silver Member

Post Number: 922
Bump!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us