Need help with amp wiring in a 2004 dodge neon.

Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1
Ok, I've got everything run except for the power cable for my amp...what is the best route to use for running the power cable from the battery to the trunk in a 2004 Dodge Neon. I can't seem to find anywhere to run it through the firewall.. so maybe someone out there can please help. Also, what size wire should I use to hook the subs up to my amp...the amp is an alphasonik (I know, not so good, but I couldn't pass up the deal) 350 watt amp (but hooked up 2channel at 4ohms it only puts out 100 watts per channel)...right now I have 16 gauge wire, is that big enough? Oh and the subs are 2-10 inch alphasonik q-reference subs (they came already mounted in a box, with the amp)...i think they are 40hms. Please, any help would be appreciated as I am fairly new to installation. OH, and please send replies to my e-mail if possible bagh@rocketmail.com

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 238
can't really help you on specifics of installing in a neon.
Concerning power wire though, 10ga would get it done for 100x2, but as common as cheap 8 ga kits are you really should use 8.

Post Number: 2
Let me explain, I don't need to know the size for power wire, that came in the amp kit. I need to know the size I should use for the wire from the amp to the subs. oh and if anyone needs to see what it is I got, if found the same thing here www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3010.html

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4065
16 or 14 gauge would be fine, anything lower than that would be overkill for ur system. Also have u thought about upgrading ur hu??, it will make ur system sound much better

Post Number: 3
Chauncey, thanx. for the info, I have noticed you on here some. As for upgrading the hu, I will eventually. I just have to save up the money. Also, do you have any ideas on running the power cable for the amp, it looks like its going to be hard to get it through the firewall...thanks..oh and did I get a good deal with the alphasonik equipment..the whole thing >amp, and subs premounted in a box< only cost me $53.25 including shipping..I know its discontinued, and I don't really want a LOT of bass, just wanted a little more than normal...your opinion would be appreciated

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 239
excellent speaker wire calculator

http://www.bcae1.com/images/swfs/speakerwireselectorassistant.swf

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 240
with smaller power wire like that you should be able to look under your dash and follow a wire bundle or cable of some kind to the firewall and feed a wire through with it.

In my car it was the boot around the hood latch cable. I managed to get 4 ga fed through that. '88 Turbo T-bird.

In my nephew's '01 Grand Prix I couldn't see anything from the interior side, so I had to find something usable from the engine side. In that case I was stuck with what appeared to be a cruise control cable grommet. Unfortunately it was positioned directly behind the heater box so it was a pita to get at.

You just have to look around - do what you think will work best.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 550
The best way I found mine was looked under the hood and like optidriven said, just follow a big wiring harness in through your firewall. It shouldn't be too hard to spot. I also ran a 4 ga through mine, so a 16ga won't be no trouble at all. Once I found it, you just cut the rubber hose and I stuck a metal wire through and hauled my wires back through.

Post Number: 5
NOT RUNNING 16GAUGE FOR THE POWER, RUNNING 8...AND THE WIRING HARNESS IS IN A HARD PLACE, BUT GUESS IT WILL HAVE TO DO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us