Rockford Fosgate Amp Problem! Help!

James2800
Unregistered guest
Alright, I posted a thread about my P2002 and I talked about the power wire, well today I found out my power wire is very active, and quite dangerous as well. but when I connected the remote wire to the amp, it would turn on. This is my problem, 1. I have a Factory Head Unit (Cd Player) still, could it be my cd player doesnt give a big enough signal for the amp to turn on? or is it 2. I have a factory amp, and as crazy this sounds, the only way I can get access to the remote wire was to cut the casing of the one connected to the amp and then twist the other remote wire on to it, I think its called Piggy Backing, but can anyone help me out with this! PLEASE!

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 224
are you sure you connected yer remote wire to a switched power wire? you prob have it connected to a speaker wire, which won't work. also make sure your amp has a good ground.

you can connect your remote wire to any switched power wire (meaning a wire that is only live when the car is turned "on"), whether it be at the back of your factory HU or not.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 937
run a wire to the fuse block into a switched fuse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us