Wiring 2 subs to 2 strapped amps

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 550
the two amps are stable at 2 ohms when starpped

do i wire a dual 4 ohm VC sub to each amp????

do i wire 2 dual 2 ohm VC subs to one amp and since its starpped ill get the power from both amps??

how do i wire two subs..(i can get them in 4 ohm DVC or 2 ohm DVC) to 2 strapped amps and are stable at 2 ohms?????

Silver Member

Post Number: 555
or should i just not strap them....and wire each sub to one ohm.

but then how would i deal with he rca's....left to one amp and right to the other????

Bronze Member
Username: Arjun_mail

Post Number: 14
either use a rca in the rca output channel of one amp to the other amps input channel or use a 1 by 2 lead to get more rca's. so by doing 1/2 to one rca you get 4 rca pins. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 558
but what if i have 2 sets of outputs on my head unit....should i have one pair go to one amp...and one pair to the other....but the problem there is...how do i know if the same EXACT signal is going to each pair..b/c one says from and one says rear

but..they make a sort of splitter...is that what you are talking about..so i put 2 rca's...and it comes out as 4...making 2 to each amp??..maybe thats just what ill do

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 922
do not strap, buy the dual 2 sub, and use sub output rca to first sub, then line out an rca to second amp. use a distribution block with 2 short power wires to amps and ground each amp seperate. split 2 wires off the remote turn on lead.

Silver Member

Post Number: 563
and my friends brother just told me to just split the rca's ....so make 2 into 4...that would work fine....and ill use a dist. block..for power...as your are saying. and split the remote turn on...how would i do that???..is there and actual splittler..or do i just splice it..

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 225
there's no point in combining the power of two amps if you're going to hook them up to two subs because guess what, it splits the power anyways. just use one amp per sub. as for RCAs - you say you have a front and rear output at the back of yer HU? use a long RCA cable to go from the rear output of your HU to your first amp. if your amp is cool, it will have an RCA OUTput (as well as input - obviously) which you can use a short RCA to "daisy chain" it to your second amp. if your first amp isn't cool, you can use RCA spliters to connect both amps.

splice the remote wire

happy booming! don't forget bolts and an alarm!

Silver Member

Post Number: 611
haha well thanks and i hope my amp is cool enough to have rca outs

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 936
hopefully your deck is cool and has sub woofer output.... that is the rcas you should be using.

mattfromnywit12's
Unregistered guest
is having one amp per sub alot better than running 2 subs off one amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 615
ive heard its better...but i dont think it makes too much of a differnce
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us