I need some help

James2800
Unregistered guest
Alright, can the fuse box on a power wire be fried? Today I bought a rockford p2002 and it was tested and it sounded great! When I tried hookin it up to my car, the amp didnt turn on. I know it sounds weird but when I put the fuse in the fuse box in the amp wire, it usually sparks a lil bit, but this time it didnt. Is it possible that the box is burnt out? If thats the problem can I jus replace the box or do I have to buy new amp wire and all?

Bronze Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 72
The fuse is burned out.
Did U buy the wires 4um Best Buy!!?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 893
Hold on there, he's running a small 2 channel amp it appears. The place he bought the wires doesn't matter, wire is wire. It's the guage of the wire that matters.

I use WALMART brand, Scosche, wiring, and it works just as well as Tsunami and such brands.

Bronze Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 73
thats not what I was tryin 2 say, cuz my friend had his fuse box melt I mean melt twice that shyt happened then he changed the brand name and it was all good after that. I was gonna ask him what brand he bought. the best buy I go to had over 20+ cases of the fues box thing 4um that brand name, thats Y I was askin him that.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 905
tyler, wire is not wire, it depends on material used and how wires are stranded together... use a test light and see if you have power right after the inline fuse, if so check the remotee wire with the car on(at the amp) you shopuld have power to the amp both at power wire and remote.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 212
wire is absolutely wire. No question about it. As long as the guage is thick enough the ONLY issue flexibility. Andre - changing brands wasn't the solution. Rewiring and doing it right was.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 896
Thank you Opti. I agree comletely. Ty, I've been here a bit longer than you, and have read like 8000 of these types of posts (along with the "WHAT SONGS HIT HARD THE HARDEST?!?!?" ONES!) so I think I've got grounds to say I'm right on this one, and it's just my old account got screwed up so I had to make a new one.

Basically any oxygen free insulated proper guage wire will work for the application it is intended for.

Sure there MAY be some slight impurities in say Schosche copper wires vs. KnuConceptz copper wires, but the effects that it could cause are so miniscule that you couldn't pick them out without a testing lab!

So basically, wire IS wire!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us