I think I'm ready to install...

Bronze Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Post Number: 45
Just need to get a box and a wiring kit. Question is where would I go to pick up a 1/0 kit for my KX1200.1?

I may attempt to install everything myself but I'm not sure because I've never done it before. I helped my friend put what is already in my car but I'm still a little unsure of how to wire the subs down to 1ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 895
what subs are you running? they need to be dual 4 ohm in order to get 1 ohm or single 2 if your running just 2 subs. if you run 0guage, your going to need a distrubution block or an adapter for end to allow it to fit in amp.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 277
You could just run 4 gauge,that should be just fine,go to wal-mart and pick one up for about $30. And ty is right about the subs. Wut subs are you running?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Sorry guys I completely forgot to put that in...

I'm running 2 12" Alpine Type-R DVC (the 1242D) so I know they would be alright going stable to 1 ohm thru the 1200.1

According to the specs sheet that came with the amp they recommend 1/0 gauge wiring. I just wouldn't know where to look to buy it because the Best Buys around here only go down to 2.

Here is my second n00b question... With this wiring for the 1 ohm right here...

Upload

This is my question about how to wire this. Going from left to right... starting with the positive terminal on the left... if you follow it it splits itself and goes to both of the positive nodes on the two subs. Would I be using one speaker wire and splitting it somewhere to make this connection? Also, the sub on the left: the top positive node has a wire going from the bottom positive into the top positive, but also a wire from the top positive joining back into the main wire... how can you have those two wires going into the top positive node?

Sorry if thats confusing but thats the only way I can think of describing it from what I se in the picture. :\

Dave

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 281
Ok about your wires go to knukonceptz.com they have good stuff for cheap. About how to wire your subs,use 12ga. wire and wire it how you see it in the pic dont worry if you twist the wire together you can fit it into the hole.And yes just use one side of the speaker wire,split it in half completly if you need to.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
I am most likely having the local car audio place here in Indy do it for me. I called them up and asked them how much they thought it would cost to install the guy estimated $55 which isn't bad.

But just so I can reassure myself, it would be two speakers wires (twisted pair) that I would unravel and use one of the wires for just the positives and one of the wires just for the negatives correct? Because if thats all there is to it then that is pretty darn easy.

Now to just wait for my new HO alt to come from Nate and I'll be all set (I hope!)

What does the "bass boost" thing I go with the amp do... does that increase the gain or something?

Dave
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us