Too much power??

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 270
Would an MB Quart ref. RAA2400 give me too much power for a set of 6 1/2 in. Infinity Kappa Perfect components? The comps. are rated at 100 watts rms and the amp is rated at 200x2 at 4ohms,Ive just heard that Infinity speakers can handle alot of power.Would this be a good match up or not?

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 274
Can anyone help me out i just bought the RAA1000 and I would like to have matching amps,so I would like to know if this would be a good setup.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 207
I'm sure you could damage them if you wanted to, but if you're conservative with the gain and high pass them around 80 they should be fine and sound great.

Bronze Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 91
There could never be somethin called too much power, your amp does not reach its max rated output when your volume is like 10% (unless u have it set at insane gain.lol) so for ex: i could connect a 250RMS watt amp to a 100RMS watt sub but I will have to be careful with the Gain setting and how I crank it Up.

Bronze Member

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 92
I can't run the amp at full power it will blow the sub

Bronze Member

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 93
250RMS watts to 100RMS watts I think U could figure that one out, its like running 50v to a 5v light bulb.

Bronze Member

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 94
lol

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 588
lol good thing to compare it to

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 286
Ok so my comps should be fine with that amp? Good that amp will look good with my other MB Quart.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us