Any Kenwood Music Keg Owners?

Bronze Member
Username: Avidangler

Kalifornya USA

Post Number: 13
I just recently put a new audio system in built around a Kenwood KDC-X889 head unit. Am thinking of picking up a Kenwood Music Keg and was looking for input from current or previous owners of the system to see what their likes/dislikes are or were.

I know that Kenwood has discontinued the Keg as of 2006 and will not be repairing any units after the factory warranty has expired on said units. That said, I can get a brand new KHD-C710 Keg system with warranty for $180 and am considering taking the chance and adding it to my system.

Please don't post saying I should buy an Ipod as I don't want to go that route - I want input on the Music Keg as my Kenwood HU would allow me to view & browse playlist's on the HU display and also control the Keg with the HU remote.

Unregistered guest
I've seen nothing but overall good reviews on the Music Keg. Where are you getting a new one for $180? I assume it's the CX710 10GB version. eBay has confusing listings with the CX910 shown as "10GB" where it should be 20GB.

I don't know why this product hasn't been more popular and I hope there's something similar coming up for Kenwood head units.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us