Legacy Red Series Amp

Unregistered guest
Hey i have this legacy red series amp i got for free and i was woundering if anyone knows how to get it off of protect mode

Bad_Azz_Bowtie
Unregistered guest
ok.. amps go on to protect mode for reasons. Either it dosent have the right ohm load from the subs or it inst getting enough juice like mine...some people said they have had a problem like this and re routed there ground wire and fixed it..

i like chicken
Unregistered guest
well the person who gave it to me had this happen to her before with another red series and i have a power acoustic amp that a little bit bigger in my truck and that works just fine with my setup

i like chicken
Unregistered guest
so heres what happen she has a 98 tauras she has spliced rca's 8 gadge power and ground and it work for like 3 months then went on protect mode so she bought a new red series and the same thing happen. Then she gave me one of them i put it in my truck (i have a cd player with rca's) and i have a 8 gadge power and a 4 gadge ground and it stays on protect mode is the amp just junk or is it fixable

Bronze Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 84
sounds like it might be fried, get it checked out then go from there. I realy don't know about legacy.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 992
legacy is a POS brand, the amp is probally fried, look into something else for a amp, and when you wire amps your ground and power wire should be the same gauge wire.

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 441
register plz

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3859
lol^^

Username: Bad_azz_bowtie

Post Number: 1
get your electrical system checked in ur vehical because my amp went to protect mode when my alternator was only putting out 65 amps when its a 105 amp alt

Bronze Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 54
legacy is over rated but of course it needs to be because of the price, i have the legacy la970 and i had it with two 12 two 10 and 2 400w tweeters and it pumped, maybe check the wires or open up your amp to see if it's fried
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us