Wiring my 2 chan amp in (2ohm) for 2 dual 4ohm subs???

Username: Greeneuphoria

Post Number: 1
I have an Audio Bahn(A8002T) 2 Channel Amp (2ohm stable)
L (+)- R +(-) the 2 is () are for bridged
Runs: 4ohm - 2 X 200rms
2ohm - 2 X 400rms
4ohm - 1 X 800rms (assuming bridged oper)
I have 2 audio bahn 10's /w dual 4ohm setup
It says they run in 2ohm or 8 ohm operations

My question is how do i wire it all up for the amp to run 2ohm stereo operation for power instead of 4 ohm??????????

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 164
Run the wires on the speakers parallel (neg on neg) (pos on pos), then run the wires to the amp in the same manner. You are dropping the ohm load since one voice coil on sub1 is 4 ohms & the other VC is 4 ohms, thus parallel wiring drops the ohms the amp "sees" by 1/2 (since you have 2 subs). The left channel will see 2 ohms and the right channel will see 2 ohms. The total is equal on both channels at 2 ohms.

Post Number: 2
Im Still alittle confused about the way that actually looks from 1 side of sub to the other side of sub, and thus then going to the amp. Being the 1 sub wiring setup look like this
(left side)++--
(right sid)--++
how should it acutally be wired up and then go to the amp?

Silver Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 166
Okay, from VC to VC of sub#1: -- ++. If those subs didn't come with jumpers, visit your local stereo shop & they'll prolly give 'em to ya'. From VC to VC of sub #2: -- ++. From ONE VC of sub #1(does not matter which) neg to neg on left channel pos to pos on left channel. Repeat process on sub #2 for right channel. You don't halfta connect the 2 subs 2gether. They can run independently of one another on each channel of the amp. Sound better?

Post Number: 3
So each VC has 2++ and 2-- for easier wiring right? so can 1 be open on 1 side?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 858
no, use them in parralel mode, see
www.the12volt.com and look at subwoofer wiring part. If those are dual 4 subs you want to run 1 sub to each channel of that amp at a 2ohm load per channel. Each side has a positive and neg, run on neg to other negative, then 1 wire from that negative to neg on amp and same for positive, do that for both subs

Silver Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 170
NO NO NO. Use both VC. Use jumper wires (lil wires used to wire one VC to the other) Each sub has 2 VC. Each VC has 1 pos & 1 neg. Wire the 2 negs 2gether. Wire the 2 pos 2 gether. THEN take wire from left channel of amp to one VC on one sub (does NOT matter which VC) Then take wire from right channel of amp to one VC on SECOND sub. Wire pos 2gether, Wire negs 2gether. If what you are referring "open" to be wired only to the other VC on that particular sub, then you are corect.

Username: Iidbombii

Post Number: 8
thanks for that site. helps a lot.

Bronze Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 83
try this link http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161 this should work for you

Silver Member

Post Number: 867
kojack is wrong if he is using it bridged. it has to be ran series/parralel on a brideged mode, or parralel for each sub and 1 sub per channel.

Silver Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 172
Ty, isn't BRIDGED using the ground of one channel and the pos of another? If so the way I explained it is NOT wrong. I was trying to explain parallel for each sub. That would drop the ohm load to the amp, would it not? Dude, you are a pretty smart guy when it comes to this stuff, but read everything I wrote. I should have sent the fella a dam link, tho. Would have saved a lot of time & aggravation.

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
please send me the link, the way you wrote that is confusing, if you make that parralel, then you have to run a positive and negative from each channel to each sub, and using 1 wire from each side of the amp, well it is bridged, you have to use a ground from the amp, either side.Unless there is a new wire of wiring that I( am unaware of, i am willing to learn something new....now that you have the subs wired +to+ and -to-, one wire from the amp will not make a sub play.

Silver Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 177
www.bcae1.com under item 51 shows the definition of bridging an amplifier. If my explanation was a bit fuzzy I apologize. Item 52 is the difference between mono and stereo. I figure you already know this, but I guess I was trying to apply Derek's scenario to the formula to help him achieve a 2 ohm load to his amp. Yes you can bridge 2 speakers to an amp, but if it is a bridged 2 ohm MONO load, the amp should be checked to see if it can handle such low impedance. Cool? I can be pretty incoherent sometimes. I'll just send the link first, next time, & keep my mouth shut. I was told that 4 ohms mono is 2 ohms stereo- 2 ohms mono is 1 ohm stereo- and 1 ohm mono is .5 ohm stereo. Is this true? It sounds right.

Silver Member

Post Number: 896
if this is what your talking about, figure z is still bridged. You can never get a 2 ohm load mono or bridged from 2 dual 4ohm subs. the best scenerio is to run that 2 ohm stereo mode.

Silver Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 179
RIGHT. But when you use all the voice coils and both neg and pos on both sides of stereo amp run in parallel, he's got 2 ohm stereo, correcto? Ty, if you're ever down south my way, check into Augusta Ga and we'll hit the bars, clubs, cruise, scope for chics, whever yo flava. KEWL?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us