How low does each genre of music get to?

Username: Sexymuthafucker

Post Number: 9
just wondering.

whats the lowest hz each genre of music usually gets to?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5313
For the most part, most music won't go below 30hz. You will occasionally get some material that drops in the 20s, but it's rare. A pipe organ can go in the mid teens, but again very rare and you can't hear below 20hz.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 314
In my opinion, NO genere is compared to REGGAE!
It is crazy low notes!! Rap has nothing compared to it!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
isnt reggae almost the same as rap but sang by jamaicans?

Silver Member
Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 133
not at all

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 315
lol, totally diffrent dude.
u need to listen to: reggae, dancehall, dub
some notes are so low u feel in your stomach!
Ive been listen to it all my life.
it is NOT rap.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4161
Ive been intrested in raggae I might check some out ...any suggestions b?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4483
Both B & I am from the same palce so i do know what he's taking about !

Sean -
if u use lime wire just type in the word RIDDIMS & u will see a few hundred songs , words will be difficult 4 u dudes 2 understand but the beat will have u bumping ....
here are just a few of my favs
drop leaf riddim
seasons riddim
joyride riddim
bogel ressurection riddim

& of course the old reggae classics like Bob Marley , Gregory Isaacs , Peter Tosh etc ......

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10879
blah blah blah
genre has nothing to do with it. it depends n the individual song in question, and even the remastering of the media on which it's recorded.
The Beatles and Pink Floyd both have songs that hit 20Hz. I'm sure plenty of raggae, hip hop, R&B, pop, classical/baroque, country, and other types of music have songs that do as well.

I can show ya tons of music in every genre that sounds like it was recorded on a mister microphone, then remastered by Rovin's little sister.

This question is just dumb. Poorly thought out and pointless.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4179
you have a point with the individual songs concept glasswolf ...seem a bit grumpy tho lol

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 534
heh heh^^^.....but he is right,i was goin to say the same thing,this a seriously DUMB AZZ question....how low a song hits has NOTHING AT ALL to do with genre........where is common sense these days

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 752
Some genres have different frequency ranges than the vast majority. For example;

Rock/metal usually range as low as 40 Hz with a seldom drop in the 30's.

Country usually range as low as 40 Hz as well but hardly ever goes below that, if even ever at that.

Jazz/new age usually range as low as 35 Hz and have seldom drops to well in the 20's.

Contemporary music/pop/techno,rap etc... usually range as low as 30 Hz and have seldom drops in the 20's as well.

Classical usually range as low as 40 Hz, but drop in the 20's quite often.

WHy?

It has to do with the instruments that are used. It also has to do with the bass line that it is designed with each individual piece of music.

Country has the bass guitar as its low end.

Rock - bass guitar and keyboards.

Jazz - bass guitar, keyboards, other mics instruments and or equipment that is capable of producing low frequency.

Pop/contemporary/rap/techno, etc... - bass guitar, keyboards, computer generated burps, and or equipment that is capable of producing low frequency.

Classical - accoustic bass, tuba/souzaphone, tympany drums, pipe organ.

Why is it that most of these genres use the bass electric guitar but have different low end rsponse? It has to do with the application.

Oh yeah, there may be exceptions to this general opinion, but not too dramatic.

The instruments that are capable of going below 30 Hz are accoustic bass, tuba/souzaphone, pipe organ, and tympany drums.

The keyboard is the only one that can get lower than the rest. It is because it is computer generated. If you look at the true definition of "keyboard synthesizer" you will understand how it works.

Basicly it is designed to copy a given sound, and also capable of enhancing upon it as well.

So not only is it capable of mimicing a trumpet, but it can reproduce sounds that a regular trumpet is physically not capable of doing on both sides of the spectrum (low and high).

Recording atmospheres also has a lot to do with the final result. Mic-ing techniques also play a major role in the final result as well.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4520
Just to clarify in my above post - i did NOT imply that reggae was the 'lowest hitting' genre of music but i support the idea that its bassline does sound pretty darn good when ppl are bumping their systems really loud .

Hey whatever floats anyone's boat is cool .......

Bronze Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 56
does anyone know anything about Corridos?
it has a very deep low end when it hits the low notes. they use an electric bass guitar. i bet it can reach all the way down to the high 10's hz.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 325
^^ u cant hear high 10 hz.
going back to original question.

I was implying that reggae has alot of low notes.

I know every genere has bass, lol.
like Glasswolf said generes may even drop to 20hz like 2 times in a song. ex pink floyd

But reggae will drop like 20hz 10times in 1 song!

Get my point????

And its a rhythem!

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 490
hey sean try some music from Gregory Issacs,bob marley and ub40,def my favorite groups.and maybe some junior "gong" marley

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 336
do a searh, type: Sizzla
or like Rovin said type: Riddims

drop leaf riddim
seasons riddim
joyride riddim
bogel ressurection riddim

like Mixneffect said, and alot of people dont realise:
Alot of these new beats/riddims are computer generated!
Thats why songs are getting so damn loww these days!
1 keyboard can generate any sound/noise audieble to the human ear! They already come built into the keyboards these days;
Most producers I see use keyboards! Even if its a recording from another intrument. It all still goes into a computer to be mastered/sysnthesized!
It is done using highly sophistaced "Software" (computer=1,0)

One can Produce some amazing sounds....
Not even an instrument can produce....

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 189
yea for real low notes tho u need some power to get them subs really moving to feel it

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 347
I put a sine wave cd in my car yesterday, and DAMN!
it quakes with HU volume on 1 out of 40 !!!!!!

u can diffintly feel the frequencies bellow 25hz.
25-45hz kinda shakes everything in my freakin car. and its amazinly LOUD & LOW with little amplification!

the lower the notes, the more amplification is needed.
I didnt go over 5 on my HU for the entire test. Plenty loud enough for me.

if u want to get super low and stuff, then yea u cant beat a sine wave cd.

But as far as music enjoyment, Reggae gets crazy low, and sounds like your listen to something.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 201
the low notes can be heard from so far away, thats whats great about it.

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 92
the movie "return of the king" has real low bass. especially that fighting scene with the huge mammoths. when those things are walking their footsteps sounds real low and loud. you would have to have a dvd player in your car though if you want to hear that in your car. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
whats the best way to get your subwoofer to be able to reach those low 20's hz and have high spl in the low 20's hz?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 208
find the songs or i belive a band pass box gives you some pretty low lows and with that movie, driving aroung with the movie playing loud makes u look real cool im sure hehehe... but driving around with it loued is not reccomended

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1489
i downloaded a riddum...i love teh bass lines but imo everything else is crap...il stick 2 rap and the low dropping metal lol (i.e: coal chamber-fiend)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
yeah i agree Dan, i downloaded some riddum and the bass rithm sounds pretty good but the rest of the music sux.

Ill just stick to bumping Corridos and Rap.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 353
^^x2
LOL

seems like u didnt understand anything u heard..
but it was in english. / its not for everyone...
its so much reggae out there, u cant even base and oppinion on 1 riddim. LOL

and what the hell is Corridos?
sounds like I can EAT, or something...
Is it 1 of those MExican beats??
u know "boom boom bom bom, bump bump bump, bom bom boom boom, bump, bump, bump?"

I love my Rap, but very selective. Mostly east coast, up North Music. Little, stress little dirty south & west coast.
And I prob got more rap music than anyone on this forum (1TB) / But my reggae gets way lower & will allways love it.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4590
Hey if u all can't understand the riddims lyrics then listen to some Bob Marley then - every1 understands him 4 sure ..lol............

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
corridos is basically rap. its just in spanish.

and the rithm doesnt go like that. that other music sux.i listen to it sometimes but i never bump it.

the rythm depends on the song and the group.

it usually goes like boooooooom buuuuuuuump boooooomp buuuuuuuump boo boo boo boo buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

or boooooooooom buuuuuuuuuuuump boooooooooom
buuump buuump buuump buuuump buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

at least it has rythm.not like that rock sh!t.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us