Hooking up two amps....best way?

Username: Elusifer

Post Number: 4
Ok ive got a 250 watt 2 channel amp. Im gonna hook up 2 6.5" speakers in one channel and then 2 6x8s in the other channel. Then ive got a 1000w 2 channel amp that im gonna push 2 10" speakers with. My question is: WHats the best way to hook up two amps in one vehicle? Can i hook them up in series using one power cable and one ground then just jump one to the other or will that burn down my vehicle? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 774
just use a distribution block to split the power to each amp and ground the same way with a distribution block. or you could run 2 seperate power and ground wires, one for each amp.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 146
Something like this would be the right way to do it. The only thing it's missing is a ground distribution block, which brandon mentioned. You can pick one up for about $5, or you can just ground each amp seperately.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EFX-4-Gauge-Dual-Amp-Kit-w-block-NEW_W0QQitemZ5847073475QQca tegoryZ32808QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Username: Elusifer

Post Number: 6
Thats what Im talking about thanks alot Optidriven!

Username: Lanier34

Post Number: 1
Ok! I have 2 vr3 300 watt amps. i know that its best to run 2 seperate power, remote, and ground wires for each amp. My questions is do i need to use rca cables running from one amp to the other or do i need to use a y splitter from the head unit to the amps? Thank You?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 850
I had that same question, each amp can be grounded separately, and two power wires run and so on? You're SURE it's safe right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us