Another noob question

Bronze Member
Username: Atomiclee

Post Number: 13
I just bought two xtant X1244 subs. Each is a 4 ohm dual voice coil 500 watt rms sub. What amps would be good to run this? The wiring can be at 1 ohm or 4 ohm according to 12volt. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 471
you could go w/ the Jl 1000/1 or the new rockford fosgate i think it's the t1001 or bd1001.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Is there any difference in sound when wiring at 4 ohm or 1 ohm?

Bronze Member
Username: Help2

Post Number: 16
no, just current

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Would you recomend the 1 ohm or 4 ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4381
no audible difference

wire it @ 1ohm cause its gonna be expensive 2 find an amp that pushes 1000wrms @ 4ohms

that JL 1000/1 amp is a excellent choice ........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thanks man!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
What would be the best amp under 300 bucks thats 1 ohm stable at 1000 watts? So far I'm thinking about the Audiobahn A2150hct or A1300HCT. Are these amps any good? Or is there a better one for the same price?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1689
instead of audiobahns get the hifonics bx1500d. don't worry about overpowering them cause the hifonics are overrated so it should workout fine. i think the hifonics amps are better than the audiobahns. but that is just my opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
The reviews look good on that amp. Does anyone have more info on how it performs? The price is great too.

Username: Do_em_dirty816

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 10
You cant go wrong w/ hifonics especially 4 the price...Ive heard good things about the bx1500d and I have the bx1200d...The only bad thing is that they overate they're things so you have to take one step up from the amp you thought you needed...I personally think thats a good choice for your subs!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us