A car audio newb needs help

Elusifer
Unregistered guest
Hey Ive got a sony head unit that says 45w x 4 and Ive got 2 6.5 220w speakers and 2 6 x 8 220w speakers. They really dont sound all that great so what do you think I need to do? Ive got a low budget btw. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 139
that 45x4 is peak power and is most likely like 15watts rms. Now I am not sure what kind of speakers those are but those seem like peak power. Just get a 4 channel amp that meets the rms wattage.

Username: Elusifer

Post Number: 1
ok so i can keep my hu but i should get an amp that has 4 channels for these four speakers and match the rms wattage up. And they are pioneer speakers. ALso Ive got a small 250w amp hooked up to 2 10" speakers in the back. Could I just get like a bigger 4 channel amp and hook all four small speakers to 2 channels and then bridge the other two channels for my 2 10"s? Like I said im kind of a newb so....

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 776
well unless the subs are dual 4ohm or single 8ohm(for bridged application) or dual 2 and try to run stereo mode. all you need for those is about a 500-600w 4 channel for the mids and highs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us