Please help!!

Username: Livingangsta88

Post Number: 1
to start with i have an average system nothing really great but nothing real shitty.. i have 2 legacy 12" 700 watt max power subs running on a legacy 250 x 4 ch amp. im having troble with my amp. for some reason when i turn the volume up past 12 on the head unit it throws the amp into protect mode. ive tried everything to correct the problum.. i have them bridged but if i unbridge them theres basically no power..i smy amp not powerful enough, and is that the reason it goes into protect? however if i turn the system on without the car runnin (key backwards) i can turn it up to whatever volume id liek and it sounds really nice. when there working tehy sound good and clean i get compliments all the time so i dont think its the speakeres. what is my amp problum and if its a weak amp. how much power should i get? how many channels? and what type of amp should i get. ( i cant really spend more than 150 but could possible go to 200) if theres something i can do to fix it please let me know!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3569
"average system nothing really great but nothing real shitty"

LOL, no offense but that is real shitty

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3574
Please check this out

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Post Number: 4
lol..ok but what do i do about my problum besides replace the whole thing?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3578
what are the vc configs on ur subs and the rms, max ratings do not matter

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3580
also what are the specs on ur amp

Post Number: 6
wow dude i dunno what that stuff is.. if you got aim hit please hit me up.. my s/n is livingangsta88 i really need some help with this because i dunno if i need to get a new amp or if theres something i can do to make it work better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us