Read this please, it's for my friend!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 834
http://bestamp.com/electronics/car_audio/amplifiers/power_acoustik/sterling/ch2_ 100_600.htm

Ok, my friend got the CH2-600 model amp for free from his uncle.

It's two ohm stereo stable, and it does 220W RMS for each channel.

The question I have is, was Power Acoustik EVER a good brand, and if so, are those some of their old school good amps? It says made in the USA, so I thought I would ask.

I know the new stuff is junk, but I wondered about these.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 157
not really even though they are pretty good for running just a single 10 or 12 because my firends had a 600 watt one and their was no distortion at high vol. and t was pretty loud. but no, PA was never really a well known brand for being great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 836
Ah I was just wondering.

He wants to run a couple of small subs from it, probably 150W RMS. He's just looking for that extra bass and sound quality.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4114
My bro is running PA amps in his car about 6yrs straight now daily & they never broke down yet !

underrated in power maybe but quite durable & his were made in Korea !

i know alot of the experts here hate PA but i rec it 2 ppl who can't afford better due 2 the experience with my bro's amps

oh & BTW - he's pushing 2 Hifonics Warrior 10s 8 ohms svc & they are not too bad .... of course there's better stuff out there ...............

Silver Member

Post Number: 837
Actually, PA amps tend to have very high dynamic powers.

A Carver M-1.0t can hit in the 1800W range for dynamic power. Not to mention that good power amps tend to have greater SQ than many car amps, and put out more true ratings as well.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4142
er...
hope u realised when i was talking about PA amps that i meant PA = Power Acoustik & not some home equip named PA ...............
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us