Rockford fosgate x7 rf

Username: Doggydowg

Portsmouth

Post Number: 7
Hiya guys
Just bought the above amp 2nd hand off of ebay, it cuts out when my stereo is at about 3 quarters of its power, my sub is 4 ohm 12" 1500rms and my old rockford fosgate 667 rms mono amp used to power sub fine.

could it be the amp isnt getting enuff power when its on full power and is cutting out?

if i turn my stereo off then back on again the amp comes back to life.

Any ideas on what to do capacitor maybe im out of ideas;-(

Thanks Paul.

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 80
check all your connections. make sure the power cable, the ground, your speakers are all connected nice and secure.

jcash
Unregistered guest
yes especially the ground sand it down to where theres no paint.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnleabu

Post Number: 35
make sure u have big enough wire what size are you running ushould at least run 4 gauge even 0 to be safe

Portsmouth

Post Number: 8
one thing i have noticed is that my fan doesnt run at all should it run at all times?
when i turn my gain up too much the speaker crakcles like its cutting out, have tried a differnt speaker dso it cant be that.
going to try a differnt amp on my set up to iliminate any wireing faults.
the guy who sold me this amp live about 200miles away and if i send back i would have done £50 in postidge;-( merry christmas not for me;-(

Portsmouth

Post Number: 9
now wired up my old 667 rms rockford amp and it also cuts when it gets too lowd so thinking the problem is related to the car electrics now not the amp.

guna whack my amp in a car that i know is set up fine;-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us