HIFONICS??

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 366
is hifonics worth it if you are on a budget.for the mono amps. or is it better to save for a rockford power series amp..

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4445
better to save

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1469
hey james did you see pete k's car on www.realmofexcursion.com ? he has the two avalanche hooked to a hifonics amp and it pounded hard. maybe hifonics isn't as bad as it seems. just a thought. i know from reading you guys posts (the veterans), the hifonics amps are overrated.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 110
I don't personally believe there's much to gain by spending ~$500 for 1000 RF watts when you can get the same 1000w from Hifonics for ~$200.

Even admitting the HF might be over-rated the difference in power is no where near a $300 difference.

Better yet - you can get the 1500w HF for $225, and have MORE power than the $480 RF.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1471
my thought was since the hifonics were overrated, you can compensate by getting one that is more powerful than what the sub can handle. for example if you were to get the hifonics 1500d to power a 1000wrms sub, it would work out nicely. like i said before just a thought.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4446
that colossus is the top top top of the line Hifonics makes, much better then the typical mono amps such as the 1500d. You can get the 1500D which is $239 or the colossus for $900 for 2000 watts. Thats a big big difference. A quality quality amp is usually about $1 per watt so the cheaper you go from there the worse they get. In electronics you get what you pay for.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnleabu

Post Number: 23
hinfoncs put out about 70% of there rated power jsut times the rms by.70 and u will get the true wattage thats what i hread i was gonna get one for my 2 12" se's but im jsut buying the amp from re as well
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us