How does this work??

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 139
if i have two 500 watt sub's and a 500 watt 2 channel amp powering them, does that give 500 watts to each sub? if i took this amp and hooked it up to just one sub but used both channels, this would give it 1000 watts? besides all the ohms stuff, is this how things would work, has me confused.

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 347
it all depends on how the amp is labeled....look at the specs..it will say 500 times 2 at 2 ohms..or somethin like that...or it could say 500 max power..meaning 250 times 2....look in manual...

if u use it for subs....most likely u just wanna bridge the amp..if its bridgeable..then you will get most power

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 140
i know rms and ohms and max all that. i have one 500 watts rms, 1000 max, DVC, 2+2 Ohm. what is bridging?
is it when only useing 1 sub on 2 channel or 2 subs on 4 channel??

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
bridging is when you connect the two channels into one...doesnt matter how many subs..all that matters is you got two wires goin into your amp.,...one to one negative...and one to one positive.....on a 4 channel amp..bridging is connecting channels to make 2 channels

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 141
so -R and +L on lets say 500 watt 2 channel, out to three 500 watt subs, so this way all three subs get 500 watts to them?? if im useing a DVC sub and a 2 channel amp, i put 1 VC to the L-+ and the other to the R-+ then i will have twice as much piower to it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
what amp do u have

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
and what subs

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 142
at the moment i dont have one, im looking into a cheap one untill i start working alot more in the summer than i can get a good one. the one im looking at is 400 watt lanzar, ill go find it on the net and give you the specs or something.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 143
http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=VIBE218
that the amp.
i have one 15 inch DVC 500 watt rms Clarion Pro Audio PXW1542

Silver Member

Post Number: 360
okay well if its 400 max that means bridged most likely..meaning you areusing one channel..3 subs makes things complicated...but when u look at the specs...it will tell u how many watts in all the different ohms....per channel...or bridged...if it says like 400 watts times 2 at 4 ohms..tyhat means u get 800 watts ...400 per channel...if it says 800 watts times 1 at 4 ohms...that means bridged....800 total...youll see ..its easy when u look at the specs

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 554
if using that amp, make sure you use single 4 or dual 2 sub, and you are not even going to see 400w from that amp, they can rate it at what they want, it is a sales gimmik. it will work until you can get something better.

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 87
I found a manual for the 1242 - it's a dvc 4 which can be operated at either 2 or 8 ohms. Your only option with the 218 is to wire the coils in series for an 8 ohm load. The little 218 probably won't give you much more than 100w bridged at 8, but for now it's all you can do.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/Liquid_force/trailerhitch.jpg[/IMG]

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 88
Sorry - wrong link

I can't believe there's no edit on this forum
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/Liquid_force/DVC_Series_1.gif[/IMG]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help