Eclipse AVN5435 or Kenwood DDX8017

Unregistered guest
I want to get double din DVD unit for my car. From what I've read the Eclipse AVN5435 or Kenwood DDX8017 seem to be my best options. Can you guys let me know which one is better?

Also, if you know of other HUs better than these 2 which are in the same price range, please let me know as well. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 550
What are the prices, the eclipse has nav and kenwood does not with out add on piece.

DVDunit
Unregistered guest
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know about the nav. I don't really care for Nav that much really. I would like to know which unit is better as far as sound, build, and performance goes. Eventually I'll be adding components, amps and subs, so I would like to know which unit would give me more bang for the buck; so to speak. Any ideas?

Here are the prices from crutchfield:

Eclipse 5435 - $1700
Kenwood 8017 - $1600

Here is a link comparing these 2. I'm a noob to the audio world and dont know much about the numbers.

http://www.crutchfield.com//cgi-bin/prodcomp.asp?g=168550&ITM113DDX 8017=on&ITM099AVN5435=on&hidesimilar=n

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 253
get the eclipse

Silver Member

Post Number: 559
Do you need double din, if so get the eclipse for the price. I take it your getting it from an authorized dealer? for those prices.

Unregistered guest
Yes. I do prefer a double din. And yes, I am getting it from an authorized dealer, since I want to have the warranty as well. So I guess Eclipse is the better choice then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 573
yes,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us