QUESTION ABOUT WIRING AN AMP

Username: Darkwolf

Post Number: 2
I AM GETTING A ALPHASONIK "AMP IN A BOX" (I KNOW ITS NOT THE BEST, BUT I GOT A GREAT DEAL). THIS INCLUDES A Q215O 2CHANNEL AMP (FOR SPECS GO TO ALPHASONIC.COM AND LOOK AT THE PMA215O AMP.) 2-10 INCH ALPHASONIC QW10 SUBS, AND A BOX FOR THE SUBS...NOW THE QUESTION. CAN I HOOK THIS UP TO MY STOCK STEREO SYSTEM IN A 2004 DODGE NEON. THE AMP DOES HAVE BOTH LOW AND HIGH LEVEL INPUTS...SO COULD I JUST PUT THE WHOLE THING IN THE TRUNK, RUN A WIRE FROM THE BATTERY TO THE AMP FOR POWER, RUN ANOTHER ONE FROM THE CORRECT WIRE ON THE RADIO FOR THE REMOTE TURN ON, AND THEN JUST HOOK UP THE HIGH-LEVEL INPUTS TO MY REAR SPEAKERS?I ALREADY HAVE A BASS TUBE IN THE TRUNK, WHICH I WILL BE REMOVING. SO I HAVE A WIRE IN THE TRUNK THAT IS SCREWED TO THE FRAME FOR GROUND. SOMEONE PLEASE GO OVER WHAT I HAVE SAID AND TELL ME IF I CAN DO WHAT I THINK I CAN...THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 717
First off, please it don't post in caps. It is utterly annoying.
It's hard to tell from what you wrote if you got 2 amps, 1 for the subs and 1 for speakers, or you got just the 2 channel amp.
Anyway, just hook up your amp however you have the bass tube hooked up. Transfer the ground/power, and however you're transferring signal to it (RCAs, speaker wires).
If you have two amps, you can get yourself a distribution block for the ground and power so you don't have to run a ton of wires to the battery and grounds.
If I missed something, just reply.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us