How do I wire this system right? 2amps,2subs,2peakers,compacitor.?

Bronze Member
Username: Bradrgilman

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 93
I am going to re-do my systems wiring because I know it is not right. What is the best way to wire this system, there is a lot to wire? I have-
2 12" 4 ohm L7 Subs
2 great kappa 6x9's
2 amps- 1 mono Planet Audio VX2250D amp and 1 planet audio VX6005 5ch amp. 4ch for speakers and 1 sub output.
2 tweeters
1 farad compacitor
Kenwood KDC-MP5028 head unit
4 gauge wire and 12 gauge speaker wire

Would it be better if I sold my 5 ch. amp to get a good 2ch amp for the kappa's? I asking this because if it would be better or work as good, I could make money selling the 5ch.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 121
i would use the 5ch amp as a 4 channel to run those 6x9s either bridged or the other 2 channels on those tweeters or other speakers.

i would deffinatly run the capacitor to the mono amp, but i cant find the ratings on the amp so i dont know what to tell you there

you will probalbly want to wire the subs to 2 ohms if they are svc or 1 ohm if they are dvc--and if the amp will take a 1 ohm load, once again i dont know the ratings

judging by the model number it will probably be around 2000 watts (most likely a peak scine planet is a cheap brand) but with that other amp you will probably need to consider a new alternator...at least eventually because a stock wont take it well, just dont let you lights dimm too much for the time being,\.

and finnally you can do alot better than planet, i have never heard them but they are rated bad on theis list http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic
and whoever made that list knew what they were talking about so i would look into some other amps. kicker is very good especially for the L7

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3347
Glasswolf made the list, there is a new 1 but i cant find the link.(grrr)

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 124
o man i wish you could. mabey he will see this and give it to us. or make another thread to him

its kinda funny hes like the god of the car audio fourum....
our father, who art in fourum
glasswolf be thy name
thy system come, thy will be done
as loud as is in my L7
give us this day, our daily thread
and help us get off our typing aes
as we go out and impair our eardrums
lead us not into citation
but deliver us from driving like evil canevil
for thine is the kicker, the power(precision) ,but not the jensen
forever
Ahem

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3354
lol^^^thats great

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 527
terry, can not run kappas bridged on that amp, unless they are the old kappas(new have a 2ohm load) also there is not a 5 channel out there that has a sub output that can handle a 1ohm load, 2, or 4 at best.

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 53
Planet Audio is no Legacy or Rockwood. Their class D boards are shared with Lanzar Opti's and Power Acoustics new class D's, both of which are getting plenty of attention lately - The Lanzar is even capable of running at 1/2 ohm daily.
The board on the vx2200 (not sure about 2250) is very similar if not identical to the Power Acoustic a3000d which is around 2Kw at 1 ohm. Solid amps.

I know that Glasswolf guy's word is taken as gospel around here, but an opinion of a brand is just an opinion.

Bronze Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 54
there's at least one 5 ch with a one ohm sub channel - Memphis.

Bronze Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 55
unfortunately the Planet specs make no mention of the 5th channel at all :rolleyes:
I would guess 300w at 2 ohms.

Bronze Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 56
Now that I think about it -- Planet is a sister company of Boss Audio - Not Power Acoustik, but I still beleive the vx2200 and a3000d share similar boards.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 530
did not now the memphis belle did that, great amp, just pricey.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 128
i never said to wire the 5 channel to 1 ohm

i ment if he got a kx1200.1

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 129
no i ment if his amp was 1ohm stable but he could get a 1200.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »