Help with Audibahn Sub Amp Installation

Username: Trasente

Post Number: 1
I have a 300 watt Kenwood amp that is way underpowered for my 2 X JL W6 4 ohms 12" Inch subs. I have purchased an Audibahn A1800DT series amp, should be 600 watt at 4 ohms. The first amp installed was DOA, no output at all. No issues with the install? I got the replacement unit and it fired up and worked for 10 minutes then went to a fault condition where is it going back and fourth between protection fault mode. I disconnected both the inputs and the speakers but this condition remains. The power is being fed by 4 ohm kit and works fine with the existing Kenwood amp. Is this really two bad units or is there something a miss with my setup that could be causing these failures? Any help appreciated, what should I check for?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 509
i personaaly hate the company, i had so many problems when I ran the stuff.... try another amp.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 121
is ur audibahn amp now running ur w6's,
did you get rid of the kenwood? amp and install the audiobahn one??

i havent had a problem with the audiobahn amps. their subs are the ones that suck badly. just make sure you have them wired to the impedience ur amp can take.

use this guide http://www.cardomain.com/shop/wooferwizard.pl

it tells u what you should be wiring it as.

Username: Chrispayne31

Post Number: 3
i have audibahns too and i need help wiring them i need to know every step from connecting IT to my battery and the grounding i have no clue
PLEASE HELP
SUBS DUAL 12" 800 RMS
AMP 800 RMS

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3391
Chris what are ur vc configs

Post Number: 4
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS? LOL SORRY PLEASE RESOND

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3392
are ur subs Dual Voice Coil, Single Voice Coil, and are ur subs 2 ohms or 4 ohms

Post Number: 5
2" 4 Layer ASV Voice Coil - whatever that means and my amp is 2 Ohm Stereo Stable i have no idea what any of this is please clue me in on some things

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 359
Just tell us which subs you have ?

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 360
an which amp, give us model an make of the subs an amp

Post Number: 7
i have AudioBahn Dual 12" Tuned Bandpass System 800 Watts RMS
specifications:

High Quality MDF Construction ·Spun Aluminum Venturi Ports ·Durable Gray Carpeting ·Dual 12" Molded, Texture Injected Poly Cone ·50 oz. Strontium Magnet ·2" 4 Layer ASV Voice Coil ·Bumped Back Plate ·Extended & Vented Pole Piece ·Gold Binding Post Terminals ·Sensitivity: 101dB ·31.75" W x 15.25" H x 19.75" D

Is this good for an amp that is a

AudioBahn A8002T "Intake" 2-Channel 800 Watts RMS Amplifier

Specifications:

·Audiobahn A8002T 2 Channel 1600W Amp ·Class A/B MOSFET Power Amplifier ·2 Ohm Stereo Stable ·MOSFET High Speed Switching Power Supply ·Non-Regulated Power Supply ·Double Sided Epoxy Circuit Board ·Air Induction Fan Cooled ·RCA (Low Level) Inputs ·Speaker (Hight Level) Inputs ·RCA Outputs ·Variable High Pass Crossover : 50Hz - 750Hz ·Variable Low Pass Crossover : 50Hz - 120Hz ·Variable Subsonic Filter : 20Hz - 50Hz ·12dB Crossover Slope ·Signal to Noise Ratio >100dB ·0.02% T.H.D. 18dB Bass Boost ·Bass Boost Control On/Off ·Phase Shift 0° - 180° ·1/2/3 Channel Operation (Mixed Mono) ·Tri-way capable ·Soft Start Circuitry ·High Gloss Chrome Plate Finish ·Blue Illumination ·4-Way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short ·Circuit, Overload, DC Offset ·30A x 2 Fuses ·Dimensions: 11-1/16"W x 1-7/8"H x 11-7/8"D ·2 x 200W RMS @ 4U ·2 x 400W RMS @ 2U ·1 x 800W RMS @ 4U ·Audiobahn A8002T

I need help wiring this sh1t to my battery and grounding and all that i have no idea what i am doing and i have no CLUE how to start about this

Thanks

Post Number: 8
do any of you have yahoo messenger or aim??
faster than this!!

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 361
Cagedserenity on Aim

Post Number: 9
sign on

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3393
ChaunChaun3000

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 364
Good Chaun ... im happy that u got him because hes such a newbie that i would have to tell him everything from scratch an im just so high right now that all that typen was beginning to Worry me LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us