How do I wire this system right? 2amps,2subs,2peakers,compacitor?

Bronze Member
Username: Bradrgilman

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 89
I am going to re-do my systems wiring because I know it is not right. What is the best way to wire this system, there is a lot to wire? I have-
2 12" 4 ohm L7 Subs
2 great kappa 6x9's
2 amps- 1 mono Planet Audio VX2250D amp and 1 planet audio VX6005 5ch amp. 4ch for speakers and 1 sub output.
2 tweeters
1 farad compacitor
Kenwood KDC-MP5028 head unit
4 gauge wire and 12 gauge speaker wire

What would be the best way to wire this? Would it be both subs to 1 ohm with sub amo and bridge the other amp to the 2 speakers and use the sub output channel on the 5 ch amp to the subs too, head unit to tweeters?
Thanks a lot!

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 489
you are going to use just 4 channels on that amp, and if the kappas are new, they are 2 ohm speakers, so. you can not bridge that amp. I would run the tweets on the other 2 channel with bass blockers and the subs on the mono amp.

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 90
So, would I be better off selling the 5ch amp and buying a 2ch amp for the kappas and running the tweeters off the head unit? Okay, so you cant bridge a 4ch amp to the Kappa's or any other 6x9's or how do you find out if you can?
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 510
you can, just as long as they are a 4 ohm load, i would run that 5 channel since you have it now, use channels 1,2 for the kappas, and 3,4 for the tweets using a bass blocker on them, and gain down.Remember almost all amps are rated at 4ohm bridged and 2ohm stereo modes.The new kappas are like the only 2ohm speaker I know of, it is new to the 05 line

Silver Member

Post Number: 512
i would keep the 5 channel(since you have it now), run the kappas off the 1,2 channels and dont you have front speakers, if so run those and the tweets to the 3,4 channel(bass block the tweets0 to create a 2ohm load on 3,4.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 780
Out of curiousity, are they really called GREAT Kappa's or is someone Infinity biased O.o?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 781
I just thought I'd mention I like the choice of HU as well. More people need to give Kenwood HU's a chance. They have really nice SQ. I personally like them better than Alpines and Pioneers for that reason.

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 91
yeah they are really called GREAT Kappa's. You can only find them in Galveston.

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 92
Yeah, I like that choice, but if I sold the amp and got more and then I paid for a good 2ch amp for the kappas would that be even better? I am saying this because if it would be better or work as good, I could make money selling the 5ch.
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us