Deck wont turn on no more!!! help

Username: Pitbu11

Nm

Post Number: 7
ok i got a 97 toyota corolla and a few weeks ago my stereo wouldnt turn on when i started the car well i figured if i bearly tapped the fuse box that is to left of the brake pedal it would turn back on well a couple of days ago this wouldnt work n e longer so today i pulled out the fuse and i pushed it in and i kept pressure on it and the stereo turned on once i let the pressure off the fuse it turned off now it doesnt do jack when i push it in and hold it down? please dont tell me i have replace that whole fuse box to get my stereo working again everything else works but this

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 520
You could run a seperate line from your battery (make sure it's fused) to your deck, bypassing your fusebox.

If that's not it, check your ground, you never know. :-) Also, the rest of the things in your vheicle that your fuse box controls are still working right? So it's just this one particlar item? Also, it might be the line from your starter, if the accessory fuse is the one that's not working, etc?

Seth

Nm

Post Number: 8
hey thanks for reply heres somemore into the prob maybe you can help i dunno...i think its the fuse isnt making contact with what its suppose to if that makes sense? cuz it did work a few times while i was applying pressure to the fuse once i let go the radio turned off and yea everything else running from that fusebox is working ...if i were to run a seperate line from the battery would the radio be turned on all the time even when i turn off the car and would i have to put a switch to it so i can turn it off manually

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 683
sounds like that particular circuit for that fuse it shorted out. can you tell which line it is thats not working because of the fuse?? Constant or Acc?? if its constant, then running a new line will work fine, but if its the Acc line, then yes, the unit will stay on all the time if you run a new line from the battery.

Nm

Post Number: 9
but could i put like a flip switch that i would be able to switch off when i turn the car off and what gauge of wire would i need to run from the battery

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 521
If it's the constant, yes, you can simply run a line from any 12v source, dosnt even have to be the battery, just make sure the source isnt fused extremely low so you dont blow it, if not running a new line.

also, if it's the acc fuse, you could simply run a line from your accessory fuse (if that's not the one that's not working), so it would still shut off with your car.

Another option, is to run a new line from your ignition, that way it'll act as it's intended to, and turn off and on with the car, etc.

16 gauge primary wire should be fine..could probably even get by with smaller...I just prefer not to go with anything smaller than 16 in my own setup.

Another option, would be to make a line from the ignition or accessory fuse, and simply use a relay, then run a line to your deck, and your amps, this way, you'd also bypass the remote out on your deck, and have it all in one main line.

Seth
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us