Type R or S for 600 to 800 watts?

Username: Focus_fan

Post Number: 10
I am going to be getting either 2 12" type Rs or Ss soon. The problem is, I dont want to get into dealing with caps or HO alternators. So this means Im going to have to keep my amp wattage low. My question is, Im going to probably use an orion 600d or I might get an amp that puts out 700-800wrms if I get the Rs. My question is, would 300-400wrms per sub be enough to push the type Rs hard? and sound good? Or should I just push 600wrms to two type Ss?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3240
how big is ur stock alt

Bronze Member
Username: Focus_fan

Post Number: 11
I think it is rated at 105a.
BTW Im not planning on upgrading it, but if I decided to, where is a good local shop to get it from? (I would get it online but I do not know how to install it)

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 244
u should be okay even with a bigger amp.i am pushing 2 Rs with a hifonics bx1500d amp and no dimming lights or anything.btw im selling the amp to get something more powerful.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 765
This brings me to a question...I hav a stock alt. that is 130A, but yet, at high bass levels I get SOME headlight dimming, and I'm running 800W RMS. Not a LOT, just a tad. What's up with that? At 1.5RPM, the dimming goes away though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us