Yes or No

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-US-Amps-MD-2D-1800-W-RMS-JL-Zapco-Memphis-Audio_W0QQitem Z5842152747QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1874
i'd snatch it in a heart beat. maybe even quicker.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5086
Maybe it's just me, but I prefer US Amp's older models.

Bronze Member
Username: Bradrgilman

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 76
I can get you a much better amp then that one shipped to you for $310.00 It is the Planet audio VX2200D. It retails for $1000.00. I have had this amp and replaced it with a 1200 watt planet audio and it was better then this one. The amp I am selling is a 2250 watt. It is better then the 500/1 jl, kicker 1200/1, and the 4000w boss. I love alphasonik, dont get me wrong but only the subs. I only use the subs 800 series because they are the best for the price. Better then all the L7's, but the amps are only alright. This is the best amp you could ever buy for $310 shipped?
LEt me know
BradrGilman@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5095
"Maybe it's just me, but I prefer US Amp's older models."

Me, too. They were more business oriented.

Planet Audios are good for the money, but US amps are built a lot better.

Anonymous

sorry brad, i would never buy plant audio anything, and how do u no that it is better than a kicker kx 1200.1, because i have 1 now and its great. But what are the specs??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3833
Isn't Planet Audio = Boss Audio's flagship model of products !? - thats what i remember reading in a post a few mths back .

With a heritage like that - i'm very skeptical ...

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3246
has anybody benched 1 of those??

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1806
i have never benched the planet audio vx2200d...but a friend of mine (johnny leimoine)
has an orion 1200d and a planet audio 1200.

the orion killed the planet audio amp on every level.

i have owned a few boss amps in the past, and all i have to say is they are 100% crap. some of the worst build quality i have ever seen.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3247
thats what i thought.lol

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 418
the us amps if the older ones were underrated, if that is the case go get the old red orion hcca 2100.

Silver Member

Post Number: 419
Brad, everyone has their personal oppinions on product, i won't knock them for it, but there are so many amps out there that smokes the Planet...oh I meant boss audio line of amps. there are shops that sell it here, but they never tell anyone it is made form boss, and there is a reason for it.... they wont buy it... another way to tell good quality is to look at the fuses that is in the amp, and open it up and look at the power supply. some of the old hard core comp amps do not even have fuses, they are regulated from within, look at some of the MMATS or orion amps... thsoe amps would lay waste to any of planet audios stuff. Bottom line is if you like it then great.

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 77
yeah they have 4 30amp fuses and 0 gauge wire. I have had the kicker 1200/1 and its not as good. I have had the orions too, and they are not as good. who cares if American amps are made better if the planet audio is more powerful, the worst thing that would happen is it would break in 5 years and then you get a new one with the warranty. I just sold the TT1200D planet audio amp to one of my friends. It is the older 1200 watt model. He has 1 2005 kicker L7 12" 4 ohm sub with this amp. The sub is in a normal sized ported box wired at a 2 ohm (because you cant wire it at 1 ohm). We turned the amp all the way up a few weeks later and it blew the sub at a 2 ohm and with the older 1200 watt model. That amp also had 4 30amp fuses. Then my other friend has 2 alphasonik 800 series subs in a big ported box and can only turn his TT2200D amp up half way because the subs are moving soo much even in a ported box. Those subs are almost as good as kicker L7 15". However the new planet audio amp that I have doesn't have any fuses but the lower models all have 2-4 fuses. What is the reason behind that?
Thanks
Brad

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 79
http://www.superstereowarehouse.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id =643&zenid=bc344025f67ba33c4edbabb1b0b6aa6a

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 81
Sorry it is made in the USA it says.

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
took a look, I can not see at what voltage it was rated at. not on their website.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1807
so brad....your saying the planet audio TT2200D is more powerful than the kicker kx1200.1 and the orion 1200d. (right?)

i could seen the 2200d being more powerful than the kx1200.1....but put the planet audio "1200w" amp up against the kx1200.1 or orion 1200d and it will be a whole different story.

quote:
"We turned the amp all the way up a few weeks later and it blew the sub at a 2 ohm and with the older 1200 watt model. That amp also had 4 30amp fuses. Then my other friend has 2 alphasonik 800 series subs in a big ported box and can only turn his TT2200D amp up half way because the subs are moving soo much even in a ported box."

umm...you do realize that the gain IS NOT a volume control....right?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5118
"Then my other friend has 2 alphasonik 800 series subs in a big ported box and can only turn his TT2200D amp up half way because the subs are moving soo much even in a ported box. Those subs are almost as good as kicker L7 15"."

Which would be above Sony, below Pioneer.

"I just sold the TT1200D planet audio amp to one of my friends. It is the older 1200 watt model. He has 1 2005 kicker L7 12" 4 ohm sub with this amp. The sub is in a normal sized ported box wired at a 2 ohm (because you cant wire it at 1 ohm). We turned the amp all the way up a few weeks later and it blew the sub at a 2 ohm and with the older 1200 watt model."

I could blow an L7 by staring at it really hard. Seriously, even well below RMS, L7s crap out all the time. Not a big deal.

Don't verify power by what blows a sub. Verify it with a signal generator and an oscilloscope.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3305
"i could seen the 2200d being more powerful than the kx1200.1"

Im not sure marshall, the 2200d has to many ?uestion marks, not sure what they are rated at, crappy rep, etc. also the specs say

Max Power (1 Ohms) : 2250W X 1
RMS Power (2 Ohms) : 1200W X 1

so is it 1 ohm stable or not, because we all no max power means nothing, if i wired it a 1 ohm what would be the rms???

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 334
Only in its dreams could that amp ever hit its full RMS rating

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 335
Planet Audio Is Crap

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3312
Brad sell it locally, maybe u could sell it to someone who does not no any better.

Upload

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 83
okay sorry to offend all of you. I have a kicker amp 600.4 and 2 12" L7's. So, its, not like I hate kicker. You guys need to get off kickers D!ck though, they are not all that great! I have had dozens of there products.
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
I know that the l7 and l5 can not hold the power they say! one of our shops cut their line due to to many returns of their product.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 336
Brad, No one is on any name brands diick, an dont start getting cocky... all we are saying is that planet audio sux

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 337
an just a while back you were asking us how to wire 2 2ohm dvc subs together to present an amp with a 1 ohm load, which is somthing even newbies know cant be done unless you have two 4 ohm dvc's... i really dont get how you have had sooooo much experience with sooo many different names an subs an amps yet u havnt even learned how to wire subs

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 771
Yes, don't verify power by blowing things, because I haven't blown my Crapenhags yet lol.

Bronze Member

GALvEStoN , Tx Usa

Post Number: 85
All I can say is you guys are right and know a lot more then I do. I am learning and just repeating the opinions of the guy who put in my system. I will stop arguing and start listening. Can any of you answer this question with the specs that are given?
The specs are VX6005
MOSFET Five-Channel Power Amplifier
Max Power (2 Ohms) : 100W X 4 + 300W X 1
RMS Power (4 Ohms) : 50W X 4 + 200W X 1 at 0.04%
Bridged Power (4 Ohms) : 200W X 2 + 300W X 1
Signal-to-Noise Ratio : 102dB
Frequency Response : 20Hz-20kHz
Dimensions : 10-5/8"W x 2-7/16"H x 19-3/4"L

I have 2 subs wired to a 1 ohm with a mono amp and 2 great kappa 6x9's. Can I bridge the 4 ch speaker outputs to both speakers and then add the sub output to my subs because the subs can handle a little more power if the other amp can push it? I have 1 postive and 1 negative from the subs in the subwoofer amp, so can I add the other amp to these subs too? Then can I bridge the other 4 channels to 2 channels for the speakers-6x9's. To sum it up, 4ch to 2 speakers, then the sub channel on the amp going to my subs to add even more power. Also what is the best way to do what I am doing? Should I sell it all and buy a better mono amp and a 2ch amp for the door speakers or bridge the 5ch amp to the 4 speakers and leave the sub amp the way it is without adding more power from the other amp if thats what it would do.
thanks
http://www.superstereowarehouse.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id =641&zenid=bc344025f67ba33c4edbabb1b0b6aa6a
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us