Hifonics 1605 or wait for the RF T1001bd

Username: Doneal1985

Raleigh, NC US

Post Number: 1
Im stuck on if I should get the Hifonics 1605D or to wait for the rockford T1001bd. I have 2 RF dual 4 ohm p3 12s. They are 1000w rms. Also I dont want to have to buy a new alternator or amp kit. Right now i have all 4 gauge wiring. This is in a 2000 Explorer Sport by the way. Any suggestions on these 2, or another amp that would be good would be a big help. Cost is a factor which is why I was thinking of the Hifonics.

Silver Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 108
I wonder which one would actually do more power... the RF is so much more expensive... I'm lookinat to get the Brutus 1605D also.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3206
anything over 900 rms is going to need a HO alternator, so that really should be ur first up grade. the Hifonics puts out about 75% of its rated power so about 1120 rms while the rf is underrated so it could put out way more than the hifonics, if ur on a budget look at that hifonics and a Cadence Z7000

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 513
Here's an example of a hifonics amp.

Upload

90% of what they claim at 14.4 volts.
65% of what they claim at 13.0 volts.

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 414
i wonder what it puts out at 12!

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 35
Quote:
Originally posted by Chauncey Brown - anything over 900 rms is going to need a HO alternator

Sorry, not true.
Yes, there are SOME, typically older, small cars with tiny alternators that would not work well with 900w, but the vast majority of the time 900w of music power isn't that big of a hit to a stock electrical system.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 345
what's the THD say?
.10% or 10%?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1881
10%. click the picture for a close-up http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b301/mikechec9/hifonicsisunderrated.jpg

Username: Doneal1985

Raleigh, NC US

Post Number: 2
im gonna get the rockford and just watch the gains because I have a lanzar amp right now. It puts some power to them but i know these speakers dont sound like they should with it. I figure go right this time and get the rockford

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3289
Optidriven, u can run 900 rms on a stock electrical system That however, doesn't mean you are getting full power. If you never listen to music loud, you can even get away with 30-50 amps. What it boils down would u want to be safe or sorry, be able to turn it up as loud with no worry, or run it at a moderate with worriers, im not disagreeing with u by any means. but a alternator upgrade can only help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us