Question about a headunits

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 221
i was wondering if there are any head units that have an attach ment to wear u can hook up an mp3 player through like a usb port i know it probly wouldnt be a usb port but are there any cd players that offer that option of some kinda of opening to were u could hook up ur mp3 player to it n not have to use a cd?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2345
There are. In fact, I believe Dual offers a head unit with a USB but I am unsure of how it functions. I wouldn't suggest buying Dual anyway.

The best way to do it is to get a head unit with aux-inputs. Some have a headphone jack on the front; most have RCA inputs on the back. I prefer the ones with the RCA inputs personally and then just running a cable out from under the dash to my mp3 player. For the latter, you'll need a headphone jack to RCA cable.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 223
so about how much will that end up being about? i plan on getting a alpine or pioneer head unit and would someplace like best buy offer those cables?

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 229
bump

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 230
bump

Username: Markpeeljr

Post Number: 1
i Have a sony 52x4 cd player in my 2000 Ford Ranger- I hooked up my rca plugs into my sub ouput on my cd player and it didnt work- but my amp had power. Whats wrong?

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 231
idk y it aint working but i heard that sony cd players arnt that great

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 232
but does any one know about my question?

Jim Moore
Unregistered guest
Did you connect the blue turn on lead from your deck to the amp? Make sure you don't use the power antenna lead ..sometimes blue also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us