Help me setup this amplifier.

Bronze Member
Username: Parad0x

Post Number: 12
Just Want to know how to set this amplifier, and how many channels to use? Optimally, I think it would be best to run the subwoofer at its specified 4 ohms, which would mean I would only be able to bridge Channel 1+2 (of 4 total), for a 200W RMS @ 4 ohms which would only make use of half its power by using only half the channels but at the specified 4 Ohms...

Just out of curiousity, I want to know how else can I run this subwoofer/amp? would it be safe at all, to run the subwoofer with using the 1+4 channels bridged (all channels powers being used) and run it at 2 Ohms at 400rms x 1(This ohms figure right? I dont have such a great understanding of amplifier ratings). What would be the result? Would the amplifier possibly blow up, or my subwoofer? Is it the ohms, or the watts that would threaten the subwoofer? I had my friend use his kenwood 700watts amp on it at full power for a month without any problems.

Question as well, this amplifier has a manual setting to set the channels being used, if using all channels bridged to one single channel (1+4), would I set the amp button to 4 ch (two other settings being, 2 CH, and 3 CH)? And is this amplifier even capable of bridging all 4 channels into one? By looking at the picture diagram by the channels, it shows 1+2, and 3+4 is possible for bridging, but the guy who gave me the amp said I can do 1+4 (I dont know if he knew what he was talking about).

------------------------
Amplifier Below

THUMP T5406 800-WATT 4 -CHANNEL AMPLIFIER

"Specifications800W 4 X 100W RMS @ 4? STEREO, 4 X 150W RMS@ 2? STEREO 2 X 200W RMS @ 4? MONO FULL MOSFET CIRCUITRY 2? STEREO STABLE, 4? STABLE BRIDGED ADJUSTABLE GAIN CONTROL REGULATED POWER SUPPLY YELLOW ANODIZED HEAT-SINK BLACK CHROME CHASSIS SPECIAL FINS FOR ADDITIONAL COOLING 3-WAY PROTECTION CIRCUIT GOLD-PLATED TERMINALS THD 0.05% DIM: 10.5W X 2H X 7.75L"

This above amplifier, with the below subwoofer (manual was hard to read, so might be a few typos).

--------------------------
SVC 15" 4 ohms subwoofer

Phoenix Gold XS154
Revc (DC VC res) 3.34 ohms
1evc (inductance@1Khz) 2.27 mH
Res Freq 19.77Hz
Piston Area 0.081m^2
BL (Flux Length) 12.88TM
SPL0 (SPL @ 1W) 91 dB
Qms (Mech Q) 4.74
Qes (Elec Q) 0.39
Qts (Total Q) 0.36
Vos (Acous Vol) 387.58L
Cms (Compliance) 416pM/N
Mms (Total Mass) 155.85g
P8 (Thermal Power Handling) 300W
Xmax 7.5mm
Vc (Voice Coil Diameter) 2.0in
Vdd (Driver Displacement) 385in^3
Mounting Diameter 13 7/8 in
Mounting Depth 6 3/4 in

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Can I get some help here guys? Looking to put this sytem by today hopefully.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 692
To know what you can do with it, you should read your manual. It'll describe all the loads, power output, and bridging on the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3631
what does those ? marks above mean - ????

since its a 4ohms SVC @ 300wrms sub ,then thats the kinda power to it u should be looking for

what are the specs & ohms load if u bridge 2 chans together ????.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Jake Davis: Unfortunately no manual came with the equipment.

Rovin: well, there are 4 channels to total, but if you bridge 2 channels, I believe it runs at 4 ohms, with 200 watts RMS

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3641
u must be sure or u can cause ur amp to overheat & cutoff - have u checked it on their website ?????

if it can do it @ 4ohms then go ahead

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
u must be sure or u can cause ur amp to overheat & cutoff - have u checked it on their website ?????
if it can do it @ 4ohms then go ahead
--------------

A: Well I posted the states of the amplifier in my first post, and here is a copy of it below.. I am not too great at reading stats, but I believe it says "STEREO 2 X 200W RMS @ 4" Which I would think it means you can bridge 1+2 ch for one subwoofer, and 3+4 ch for a second subwoofer.. but if we have only one subwoofer, I would imagine we would only make use of one side which would be 1 x 200W RMS @ 4 ohms. Am I interpreting this right??

But I am still curious what would happen if I run the subwoofer with all channels bridged (if its possible on my sub) by using positive terminal from channel and negative terminal from channel 4.

"Amplifier Below

THUMP T5406 800-WATT 4 -CHANNEL AMPLIFIER

"Specifications800W 4 X 100W RMS @ 4? STEREO, 4 X 150W RMS@ 2? STEREO 2 X 200W RMS @ 4? MONO FULL MOSFET CIRCUITRY 2? STEREO STABLE, 4? STABLE BRIDGED ADJUSTABLE GAIN CONTROL REGULATED POWER SUPPLY YELLOW ANODIZED HEAT-SINK BLACK CHROME CHASSIS SPECIAL FINS FOR ADDITIONAL COOLING 3-WAY PROTECTION CIRCUIT GOLD-PLATED TERMINALS THD 0.05% DIM: 10.5W X 2H X 7.75L"

And here is a picture of the CH bridging diagram on the actual amplifier.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/parad0xs/mobile_authority_209_zxi003copy. jpg[/IMG]

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Doh! I posted the wrong picture in the up above post, I meant to post this picture.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/parad0xs/4_ch_terminals.jpg[/IMG]

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
My bad, I am soo bad at spell checking.. here is an edit to above question I had

"But I am still curious what would happen if I run the subwoofer with all channels bridged (if its possible on my sub) by using positive terminal from channel 1 and negative terminal from channel 4. "
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us